• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

HdM Le Hoyo des Dieux

DocRKS

I picked up a box of these, datecode ABR02 based on the urging of a friend whose rep in the business is top rated- I have sort of stayed away from these in the past owing to their reputation of being a 'light weight' and very mild flavored stick. When the box arrived and I opened it - I thought 'what an ugly stick..' However, the aroma these gave off was awesome and I put them down for a few weeks to recover from their long journey.

Contrary to what was originally reported, I was very happy to find that this cigar is loaded with a beautiful, medium PLUS bodied, creamy and DELICIOUS flavor - certainly not the tasteless and extremely light bodied cigar that it has been reported as. I paired this cigar with a few drams of Highland Park 18 yr Single Malt recently and re-learned the lesson that taste is such a subjective thing. I stayed away from a great tasting cigar because of something I heard and/or read. Experiencing for yourself is one of the many joys of this hobby of ours - and such was the case for me with this cigar.

These are a great cigar.
I got 5 from cigardawg with a box date of Sept 2000 and wish I had picked up more.
They are certainly not the prettiest cigar out there, but they have a wonderful flavor. :thumbs:

I have to agree. The Des Dieux that I have are from a cab. Very aromatic. Tons of woody and creamy flavors. A very good cigar for any time of day.

Thanks for the delightful review DocRKS. Sounds like a very agreeable cigar.

Wilkey

Nice review Bro. Roman. The more HdM's I smoke the more I like them. I've only had a couple of these but they were very good.

I have been buying the Des Dieux for years,they have always been a consistent performer . They are a medium strength cigar with some very nice nose. When on sale they are a bargain.

I have some from 11/01 and I like these cigars a lot. So far one had too tight of a draw but the rest have been fine.

I generally don't prefer HdMs but the Le Hoyo line is different from other HdMs and I find them to my liking.

The Des Dieux is a nice size, Coronas Grandes 6 1/8 x 42 which is the same vitola as another one of my favorites, the Qd'O Gran Corona. :thumbs:

Thanks for the enticing review. I guess yet another HdM that In have to try out. They seem to be also affordably priced which is always a plus.

Only tried a few of these, but I still have a half of box of Dui Roi 00' and always enjoy every one to the nub.

Just popped a Dui Roi into the PCS pass taking place now.

You can ask opinions, read reviews, etc., but there is only one way to really know if you will like any particular cigar - smoke it yourself!

The Le Hoyo Du Prince are really tasty as well as priced very competively in the cabs of 50. :D :D