• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Headed Back to Being a True PUNK Lawyer...

Which cigar should I smoke to celebrate my freedom?

• Forbidden X

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Don Carlos Lancero

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Cohiba Robusto

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Montecristo 2

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Phillies Peach

Votes: 19 23.8%

• Total voters

punk_lawyer

Habeas Punkus
As my screen name suggests, I am a lawyer...but not THAT kind of lawyer. Six years ago my current law firm made me an offer that I could not refuse. My work there has paid my way but corroded my soul. I have been successful but not happy. Oddly, I was both successful and happy prior to joining my current law firm. So, now in the autumn of my discontent, I am making a change.

I am going to go back to owning my own firm as of January 1, 2011. My resignation will become official tomorrow. This is as good of a chance as I have had for a celebratory smoke as I have had in a while. So, which cigar should I light up in honor of transitioning from one to the other?

So far, you are stuck with my vote, which is not a bad vote. I believe as you do already, you made a smart choice. One of my favorite sayings..... If ya gotta work, you might as well have fun and enjoy it.

Best wishes.

Ed

Best of luck to you Stu. I still haven't figured out how in hell you catch those ambulances with that POS car you drive? ???

Only 2 on the poll worth even mentioning. The Don Carlos Lancero which is absolutely wonderful and the Opus X Forbidden X which really depends on which one you have. :thumbs:

I'll be down on Saturday and take first pick, you get the left overs.

Congrats Stu. I'll disagree with the opus whore and say smoke your CoRo or Don Carlos Lancero. Wishing you the best of luck in your endevor my friend.

Send Lawyers, guns & money. 'Cause Stu has hit the fan! :p

Wow! Awesome bro! Not just out for the money, out for the satisfaction. I always hear, never do a job you hate, no matter how much you make, it won't be worth it!

Here you are! Fulfilling those wise words!

Congrats!

Best of luck!

Congrats Stu!

I'm surprised the Phillies Peach hasn't gotten more votes!

Congrats!

I did pretty much the same thing. After 7 years as a Farmers agent, I resigned and today was my last day with them. I am now an independent commercial insurance broker.

Congrats Stu, best of luck in the New Year. So many people never realize when they are in a situation that's making them miserable, or if they do they don't have the courage to move on, good on ya for realizing it before it was too late.

It should have been the Monte 2.

But then agaoin I'm a soulless minion of my employer.

Frankly Mr Shankly this position I've held is you should smoke the Monte 2. I had one on my wishlist and AVB granted it and it sits in my humi in my Mexico house waiting for the perfect opportunity.

Good on you giving the finger to the man and going it alone! I will keep you in my thoughts as you pursue independence!
As my screen name suggests, I am a lawyer...but not THAT kind of lawyer. Six years ago my current law firm made me an offer that I could not refuse. My work there has paid my way but corroded my soul. I have been successful but not happy. Oddly, I was both successful and happy prior to joining my current law firm. So, now in the autumn of my discontent, I am making a change.

I am going to go back to owning my own firm as of January 1, 2011. My resignation will become official tomorrow. This is as good of a chance as I have had for a celebratory smoke as I have had in a while. So, which cigar should I light up in honor of transitioning from one to the other?

Best of luck on your new road to happiness Stu!

Speaking of which, I know what you should light up to celebrate.......... this

doublehappinesscigar.jpg

"Because no matter which way you slice it, you'll always have the BEST of both worlds!"

:sign: :sign: :thumbs: