• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heading to Ommegang Brewery

smokem

My son and his friends are heading out to Ommegang on the 10th, and, they've invited me to tag along! Not a big beer drinker, but I love spending time with my son and it sounds like fun!

$3.00 for the tour, with six samples to taste sounds okay.

Anybody been there? Good time, or should I just let the young guns go?

Went there a couple years ago as part of a private tour with a nearby bed and breakfast. Not sure what the public tours and crowds are like, but the beers are good. Enjoy!

Forgot to ask. Anybody know of any good cigar shop in that area? Can't let the "kids" have all the fun.   Since we're using my car, my gas and I'm the DD, they have to pay tribute! :D

Edit to add:

Thanks for the info TTS!

You know, I forgot all about this :whistling:

We had a blast!

The brewery is on the small side for what they do, but is very interesting to go through.
After the tour, you go to the tasting room and sample six of their brews. Low % to high % of alcohol content.
The beer is DAMN GOOD! and I'm not a big beer drinker. You get your own little sample glass, which you get to keep.
They have a very cool retail space with swag and all the beers they produce for sale.
Then, there is the restaurant just off the retail space. The food is...OMG GOOD! Yes, I said OMG...lol 

If you ever get out to Cooperstown, make the trip to Ommegang Brewery. It's well worth it. 

EDIT to add: There isn't a cigar shop anywhere near there, so bring you own. They do have a nice outdoor patio you can smoke on.