• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Health related issues due to cigar smoking

Everything in moderation :)
Anything in excess will kill you.

Why would someone post a thread like this on a cigar board? If you are worried about health effects of smoking, quit. Today. Now. Immediately.

I choose to live my life in moderation; I pay attention to my health but I will have a cigar and a steak and a whiskey when I damn well feel like it. I understand all things have consequences and have made my choices. "Choice" being the operative word.

I'm not your mother and I'm not going to tell you it's "OK" and won't hurt you because none of us know that for sure. Like I said, if you're worried about cigars by all means quit now. Absolution for the hobby probably isn't forthcoming from anyone here in the near future.

Grrr.....B.B.S.

A couple quotes from one of my favorite movies of all time, Fight Club:

Narrator: This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Narrator: On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

150 years from today, everyone alive on this day will be dead. That's what, 8 billion? Now figure in all those born died during that time. I don't know the math but it's up in th 100 billion + range. Live your life man! Let the inevitable be.

I worry that my ash will fall in my lap on the ride home and I'll swerve trying to recover the cigar I just dropped as it sits on the floor rolling between my right heal and left foot and I bump my chin on the steering wheel as I try to look over at the girl in the car next to me who's smiling and wears a tube top cut a little too low for me to see anything good all the while I step on my right hand with my left foot because it's the easier hand to reach down an find the cigar with although as I hear the Texas gaurdrail rumble of the tires I quickly fumble and grab the cigar and evne though the rumble is gone which means I'm now too far over the line....I pull it back slowly and take a draw as the right side of my car gets torn up by the Jeresy barrier I just swiped....the moral of the story....

Stay out of Jersey!

Why would someone post a thread like this on a cigar board? If you are worried about health effects of smoking, quit. Today. Now. Immediately.

I choose to live my life in moderation; I pay attention to my health but I will have a cigar and a steak and a whiskey when I damn well feel like it. I understand all things have consequences and have made my choices. "Choice" being the operative word.

I'm not your mother and I'm not going to tell you it's "OK" and won't hurt you because none of us know that for sure. Like I said, if you're worried about cigars by all means quit now. Absolution for the hobby probably isn't forthcoming from anyone here in the near future.

Grrr.....B.B.S.

Relax :laugh: I know that there are health issues with cigarette and cigar smoking and I have seen both my mother and father been influenced by their heavy cigarette smoking. I was only wondering if you guys on this forum give it much thought that it is a hobby/passion with some health related consequences. I think I will go for you moderation tip :D I try to live healthy in other ways...I exercise 2-4 times a week, I eat my fish and drink my cod liver oil (it is popular in Norway) and I eat my fruit. But I also enjoy my wine, coffee and now a cigar from time to time :thumbs:

I think about it, as well as seen what cigarettes can do to someone. That is probably the main reason I don't light up every hour... Well, that and costs. I eat healthy, go to the gym daily, run a mile a day, and enjoy the vices of a nice cigar... unfortunately, it usually gets paired with KEYSTONE, :laugh: :angry:

All things in moderation... To much of anything, including exercise, can eventually become negative. With that said, I do see how this thread could be viewed as offensive to someone who lights up very frequently and would not like to be reminded of the health risks involved, if they believe there are any.

I think about it, as well as seen what cigarettes can do to someone. That is probably the main reason I don't light up every hour... Well, that and costs. I eat healthy, go to the gym daily, run a mile a day, and enjoy the vices of a nice cigar... unfortunately, it usually gets paired with KEYSTONE, :laugh: :angry:

All things in moderation... To much of anything, including exercise, can eventually become negative. With that said, I do see how this thread could be viewed as offensive to someone who lights up very frequently and would not like to be reminded of the health risks involved, if they believe there are any.

Your right too much of anything can hurt you. I blew my shoulder out lifting last month and now I cant go get it fixed until after I get back from Vegas. And they say you should exercise. :sign: