• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heartfelt beads

*snip*

In my estimation, whipping up one's own conditioned kitty litter is an approach that suits those who like to DIY. It's for the tinkerer. Doing it for the nominal cost savings alone is a tough sell.

Wilkey

Exactly. Saving a few dollars does not enter into it. In my case, I use KLH because I wanted to better understand the mechanics of humidification. It's just another aspect of the hobby and I feel I have better control of the maintenance of my cigars because of it.

Also, loyalty or disloyalty isn't an issue. Those of us who use KLH post our experiences on the board to help others who also want to experience a deeper "hands on" aspect. Viper is a great brother and does very well by his customers. I'm certain that as long as the information that's being disseminated is well researched and accurate, he is not concerned by people taking the KLH route.

I use Viper's beads as well. Just not worth the hassle of making my own.

I highly advise against using kitty litter to humidify your cigars. If you have an investment in cigars and want them properly maintained by beads which have no scent and are designed for humidifying cigars, then get beads, not kitty liter.

My Humi still has the first beads I bought from Viper about 1 month after joining CP

And its rock steady at 65% and all my smokes taste great (well the ones that were rolled that way at least lol)

I did ask one of the members in this thread about how kitty litter works in a PM, and it sounds like too much work.

I'll stick with Viper.

I have ordered beads before and am very satisfied. The second order was a large one. I ordered extra beads and tubes and made up "loaded" tubes to pass on to my extended family as they are not familiar with RH and their new (unconditioned) humidors we purchased in Cuba. Just can't watch good cigars get damaged by low RH!

Just to let all know I was in no way offended by the post SBellew made, he put some thought into his idea and was trying to help out his fellow BOTL. I think that is commendable and the way things should be here.

Also, thanks for all the kind words guys, reading your posts makes me feel like I am doing what I set out to do many years ago. When I started in business I promised myself I would treat people the way I would like to be treated, simple but a great way to do business.

I have the beads in my coolerdor and have to say it's just about the best investment I ever made regarding humidification. I've only had to spritz the beads to prime them in the begining and never again. If the humidity gets too low I open the lid on a small tub with florist foam and distilled water, that alone brings en back up to speed and they're good to go for another 6-8 months. Can't beat that for ease of use IMHO!

I'm not knocking the KLH, but I kinda dread the thought of my 2 Maine Coons getting into my coolerdor and using it as a bathroom :laugh: