• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heartfelt beads

Marine6186

...oh you want me to say something.
Does anyone know the properly fill Heartfelt Industries Large 65% Rh (BLUE Cap) Heartfelt Humidity Tube?

I can't remove the caps and the holes are smaller then a drop of water so it would be extremely time consuming (if not impossible) to try to get water to "release" its surface tension.

The only thing I can think of would be to submerge the tube in a glass of distilled water.

Questions/Comments/Concerns?

Mario

Does anyone know the properly fill Heartfelt Industries Large 65% Rh (BLUE Cap) Heartfelt Humidity Tube?

I can't remove the caps and the holes are smaller then a drop of water so it would be extremely time consuming (if not impossible) to try to get water to "release" its surface tension.

The only thing I can think of would be to submerge the tube in a glass of distilled water.

Mario

I thought you just pour the water onthe tube? No?

Mario

Last I checked that was the case.

Mario

Last I checked that was the case.

The tube has the beads inside. Here is the tube I purchased. I would have called Heartfelt but, they do not have a phone number on the website. I know Viper is an active member here but, it doesn't seem like he is on here that often.

I thought that pouring water directly on or dunking the beads was a no-no because it causes the beads to crack and break. If I remember correctly the recommended method to re-hydrate beads is to spray them with spray bottle of water (distilled, not tap). Of course I might be crazy on Monday crazy pills.

I thought that pouring water directly on or dunking the beads was a no-no because it causes the beads to crack and break. If I remember correctly the recommended method to re-hydrate beads is to spray them with spray bottle of water (distilled, not tap). Of course I might be crazy on Monday crazy pills.

Yes. A spray bottle is recommended.

I use the spray bottle method also. It's still a tedious process, but it works.

I've got one of the squeeze tubes for filling that leaks all over the place when you use it. That works...but for the larger tubes, I just drop them into a plate of distilled water and let em soak up all the water they want.

I pull the ends off and pour in enough water to wet 75% of the beads. Spray bottles or trying to get enough water to pour into the little holes was a pain.

-John

Just pull the endcaps off, Nancy! :laugh:

I've got several of those Heartfelt tubes and I'd reccomend the spray method. I've been going the "pour" route for a couple years, and my bead-tubes leave all kinds of little cracked bead pieces all over my humi. I'm assuming they got too wet and just cracked? (anyone, anyone?)

Derek

I pull the ends off and pour in enough water to wet 75% of the beads. Spray bottles or trying to get enough water to pour into the little holes was a pain.

-John

How did you get the ends off? I tried and they wouldn't budge! I didn't want to break it. I tried twisting and pulling.

Nevermind. I drank a "Can-o-man" and took the caps off!

-John

How did you get the ends off? I tried and they wouldn't budge! I didn't want to break it. I tried twisting and pulling.

Nevermind. I drank a "Can-o-man" and took the caps off!

muscles-1.jpg

I too purchased the spray bottle from heartfelt when I ordered 2 1/2 lbs of 65rh beads but ended up ditching it and bought a real spray bottle at the dollar store. A couple of squirts from the bottle every two weeks on the beads keeps my end table humidor between 63-65%rh.

Yea I pulled the caps of mine ,, and poured water in there , seems the with the screen u cant get enough water in. Also when I opened the end it was full of the cracked and broken beads they probably use the trash to fill the tubes Im thinking of dumping the ones in there and adding my own beads,

I switched over to the sheets instead of the beads. It works really good for me. I have a humidity sensor linkedto a digital display and a desktop humidor. At the top of the humidor using tacks i keep the sheet up there. I've had no problems at all.I just lift the lid , spray it with a spray bottle and be done with it. Works really well and I'm really happy.

Yea I pulled the caps of mine ,, and poured water in there , seems the with the screen u cant get enough water in. Also when I opened the end it was full of the cracked and broken beads they probably use the trash to fill the tubes Im thinking of dumping the ones in there and adding my own beads,

I noticed a bunch of cracked beads in mine as well. They seem to do the trick, my humi is at about 64%.

But, I wouldn't say they used the trash to fill them.

Cracked beads work the same as a whole bead, so it doesn't matter. I have heard that pouring water on them directly can lead to cracking. But again, nothing to worry about.

-John

I bought the empty tubes and filled them with my own. They cracked. Heartfelt doesn't use "trash." Nothing changes after they crack, except the mess they make.

Derek