• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heatfelt Beads Atta-Boy

JeffB

Open Letter to Heartfelt Industries: You really didn't have to, but thanks for GREAT customer service.

Back story: a couple of years ago when my foray into cigars started, thanks to great advice, I found Heartfelt Industries and used their beads in my humidor. Well a couple of weeks ago I decided I needed more beads and a new hygrometer, so I returned to Heartfelt. Small internet order, a half pound of 70% and a small digital hygrometer. They showed up right on time, in a USPO priority mail bubble envelope. When I opened the envelope I found the plastic bag holding the beads had broken open and I ended up with spilled beads all over.

I sent an email to Heartfelt with what I thought was a *joking* description of events. I talked about chasing those little buggers around my hardwood floors, finding more beads hiding in the cardboard hygro box, etc. I recommended a bit better packaging, but really figured the "blame" was with the post office. I didn't ask for a reply or any remedy.

About 4 days later I had another package in the mail. Yep, another half pound of beads. This time in a solid post office carboard box that could have taken a baseball bat hit. Inside along with the beads was a bunch of those packing "peanuts." LOL, Heartfelt was making sure the beads survived this trip!

So, even for such a small order, apparently Heartfelt stepped up to make sure *every* is satisfied. For that, as well as their outstanding products, I say atta-boy!

No affiliation, YMMV, yada yada

-jb

Good to hear, but not surprising. This is the exact reason many of us here have Heartfelt beads in our coolers / humi's / cabinets / etc....

Not surprised here either. I've ordered 3-4 times from them and I always had my package sooner than expected and in great condition. A well deserved Atta-Boy!

Heck, I'll chime in on this one....if memory serves, I had a transaction go screwy while deployed. I thought I had paid with a credit card, but David informed me I'd hit "bill me" or something. Bottom line, I owed the dude money and didn't realize it. He sent my stuff anyway, was very gracious and cool about dealing with me and I would recommend his business to anyone. Good on 'ya Viper. Keep up the good work!

Trey

I don't know how I would survive without Heartfelt beads. Lmao.. Seriously though between my coolers, wine cooler and wooden humis, I think I have atleast 5 lbs.. Definitely the best product on the market, imho..

I'll have to check out Heartfelt Industries. I ordered beads from cigarmony.com. 8 ounces that included a mesh bag for $22. So far they hold a steady 70% very well.

Viper's definitely a stand up guy, I like giving them my business.

I had a question last week about using different RH beads, he got back to me right away, personally, to give me a lot of good advice. And where he could have easily told me I should buy more 70% beads, he even said don't go buying more beads just yet, work with what you have and see if then you need more, so you don't waste your money.

He knows damn well he could have said to me, yes, you need to replace all your beads with 70% beads and i would have, and he would have made another sale, but instead he took the path of giving me good advice.

Rare these days!

:thumbs:

I checked their website out as a result of this thread. I have been using a Cigar Oasis in my humi and have not been happy with the condition of my cigars (dry and stiff). Will be placing an order soon. Thanks for the info.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I didn't want to ruffle feathers and start a new thread when it appears this has been somewhat covered. I have already ordered a digital hygro and a one-step Boveda calibration kit and now I'm onto a humidification device. I currently have the gel and it doesn't seem to be working to my liking. I began researching alternatives and I've seen a few different suggestions but the more popular choice for a desktop humi seems to be beads. Being that I found this thread and like to support the cause, I have decided that I'm going with Heartfelt beads. Based on others experience with this vendor, it seems like a good choice.

My question is, how much do I get and which humidity? If I buy more for future expansion, how much should I use at a time? My desktop humidor is 13 5/8" wide x 9 3/8" deep x 6 1/8" tall (approximately). Im guessing it is no less than a 75 ct humi? Does this sound right? I will try to post a picture of it to my gallery. I have been unsuccessful in adding an avatar.

I do not have enough experience to figure out how the RH effects the cigar to my liking. I've seen 65% & 70% beads and being that I do not smoke regularly and what I've read, I may want 70% beads to keep the cigars fresh for a longer period of time.

Hopefully I'm figuring all of this out. I look forward to the advice. Merry Christmas to all who observe!

Take a look around at some other posts regarding 'beads' for the amount - or see the vendors website.

If you get more...you can always leave them in a ziplock or tupperware until needed - and it would save on shipping!

They also make a 'puck' for humi's that size, if you want.

You can't go wrong with either, but it depends on the cigars.

Most find 70% for non-cuban stock. Again, read some threads on it. If you get the wrong % and want to swtich, you may find a trade for the others!

:thumbs:

Thanks for the response grateful. I surly underestimated the amount of factors that go into this hobby. I have learned a bunch from this community already and am thankful that I have found it.

I do smoke non-cubans and have approximately 30-40 currently. I typically smoke 2-4 a month so I anticipate I will have my stock for a little while. My wife just got me a cigar of the month club subscription so I will have regular additions to the stock. This is why I'm thinking the 70% beads is the way for me to go. Now that I'm aware, I'll start paying closer attention to how the cigar smokes based on the RH and other factors.

I'll have to poke around some more to see how much beads I should use. I like the idea of the puck but I don't know that I'll have as much control compared to a 1/2 lb bag and using say a 1/4 of the bag at a time. I'm not sure if my logic is correct but it seems like I'll have to experiment.

There is a calculator on the Heartfelt site enter the dimensions of your humi and it will tell you how many beads you need.
More will not hurt.

Don

There is a calculator on the Heartfelt site enter the dimensions of your humi and it will tell you how many beads you need.
More will not hurt.

Don

I know I have read a few times that more won't hurt, but mine asks for 1 oz but I bought one of his bags and a 1/2 lb. If I cut it in half to 4 oz thats a HUGE over kill, but would it still "not hurt"?

**added**
I ordered my stuff on the night of the 21st of Dec, and he 2 day mailed them to me at no added cost so I would have then for Christmas. This is a stand up company

I know I have read a few times that more won't hurt, but mine asks for 1 oz but I bought one of his bags and a 1/2 lb. If I cut it in half to 4 oz thats a HUGE over kill, but would it still "not hurt"?

You can't have too many beads. Just means less frequent maintenance and better RH stability.

awesome thanks! so if I fill half my box with them I can bury it in the back yard for 2 years and age them :)

I ordered some beads and had the same issue as you (ordering half a pound and not needing nearly as much). I used a little spray bottle with distilled water and lightly sprayed the beads, split them in two mesh bags from heartfelt and have placed them in the humi. Haven't touched them since and my humi is constant between 63-65% (they are 65% beads and our heat is on quite frequently at the moment). No issues at all. Also, the good thing is if you get something bigger in size, you may already have enough to expand! About the most fool proof way you can go so it seems, plus the company was excellent to work with. Just my two cents, but couldn't be happier with the product, and hear they last for YEARS!

Guys - I've used the spray bottle method and managed to mold up my beads. Wrong answer.... :angry: What works MUCH better is when it's time to re-humidify, put a shot glass (or two if you have room) in the humi full of distilled water and let things work themselves out. Once your RH is a couple of points higher than 65%, pull the shot glass. Your beads will be wlll be well humified and all will be well for several months.

Cheers - B.B.S.