• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heaven Hill "Bottled in Bond"

My Dad's friend always drank Heaven Hill when I was a kid. Always had a bottle in the garage dad went visiting.

Is it really that bad? Looks to have won some awards.
The bottled in bond is good from what I've read, which is why I want to get it.

There are dozens of us who were impacted by Marvins wit and wisdom before he passed away. We have a golf outing in his memory every year and we have a handle of the "cheap" Heaven Hill on the last par three. If You do a shot of it, you get to move up to a tee I place at about 90 yards, if not, you play from 220.

I want this bottle to share with those of us who have "endured" the cheap stuff all these years ..... in memory of Marvin.

At $5 per gallon it was overpriced back in the day. Let me ask the vagrants in the back alley where they’ve been buying that sludge…I mean bourbon. But which do you want? The regular rot or the bottled in bond rot?

Heaven Hill shuffled their lineup a year or two ago. I think they got rid of the green label entirely if that’s the one you’re looking for. They still have the atrocious white label. I think the bottled in bond is blue label now but if I recall correctly they are aging it longer to reduce the headache-creating-eyesight-blinding-gastric-distress-inducing side effects that had become a certainty after drinking more than two ounces. Sort of a whole brand re-do, which I hope is a good thing. Bottled in bond will be a higher price now, I’d guess.

Let me check the shops by my office. They sell vast amounts of Heaven Hill. Just let me know which you’d want.

Why don’t you just get some Kessler’s and call it good?
They now age it one year longer, and doubled the price. Greedy bastards.

@CigarStone I have had both the new label 7 year Heaven Hill bottled in bond and the green label six year that is only available in Kentucky. My personal opinion is that neither is worth chasing down. If I were in your situation, I think I’d get the best thing that is readily available in Ohio (a great choice would be Jack Daniel’s single barrel barrel proof), put it in a blank bottle and slap a homemade label on it honoring your buddy. It will taste infinitely better than either of the hard-to-get-in-our-stupid-ass-control-state Heaven Hill products. Evan Williams white label is a heaven hill made bottled in bond product, but certainly nothing special. Good luck.

You are not talking about JTS are you? It says it’s made by Heaven Hill and it’s available at 100 proof.

JTS Brown is what Paul Newman drank in The Hustler, FWIW. I'd never seen or heard of it and had to dig up what he was asking for in the movie.

1. Jack Daniels isn't even bourbon, it's just whiskey.
  2. Using something other than Heaven Hill would pretty much defeat the purpose.
  3. Lying to all of my life-long friends, in honor of our life-long friend, doesn't seem quite right.
Apologies. I get where you are coming from now. I was just trying to present an alternative way of thinking of the problem. Certainly wasn’t implying that I think dishonesty is the way to go, mostly just trying to commiserate how much much of a pain it can be to get the bourbons that we want here in Ohio.

Found this today and thought "isn't that what he was looking for?". Nope...
20220218_184621.jpg