• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hello from Ammodors ammo can cigar humidors!

ammodors

Just wanted to officially introduce our company, Ammodors to the Cigar Pass community. I'm here to answer any questions about our ammo can cigar humidors.

Ammodors are cigar humidors made from genuine US Military surplus metal ammunition cans. Every re-purposed Ammodor ammo box cigar humidor is custom assembled, by hand using beautiful Spanish Cedar lining. Ammodors come in a variety of ammo can sizes - the .50 cal, 30 cal, 40 mm and more. 

Ammodor combat humidors are rugged enough to be tossed around during any outdoor adventure; while sexy enough to be the centerpiece of your office desk.

We believe in giving back to our Service members and their families. We are honored to bring Hope to the lives of our nation's heroes and their families by donating a portion of all proceeds to Hope For The Warriors®.

Learn more at http://www.ammodors.com

the50deluxe.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

We also offer custom humidors built from larger non-portable, authentic vintage Military surplus vessels such as shipping crates, medical chests, foot lockers, storage boxes or missile/bomb containers. Available in a variety of sizes, types, features and costs to fit any need/budget.

Our most recent custom humidor project was 4' x 1' x 1' bomb container. It's huge, heavy and has tons of "wow" factor. 
This particular bomb parts container was used to store the guidance kit for the Paveway II laser guided bomb (the very front tip of the missile that has the laser system). The Paveway II bomb has been used for the last 30 years or so and dropped from a bunch of aircraft like F/A-18, A-10, B-52, F-111, F-117, F-15, F- 16, F/A-18, etc.

IMG_2304.jpg

Welcome, I do really like your stuff but for me I don't have a need for one.  I did look at your website hoping there would be maybe a travel size but I didn't see anything like that.   I know nothing about ammo boxes, but If there was an ammo can that was more like a jar or much smaller that would only hold maybe 6-8 sticks would fill a "need" for me.

edited to make sense of what I wrote

My ammo can has three trays, which you think would be useful, but it really just limit the amount of cigars you can lay in there. Without trays, you can stack up a bunch either on end, or lay part of them down and then stand some up in the open end.

Just FYI... I haven't dealt with this company at all, but these look like good products.

ammodors said:
Just wanted to officially introduce our company, Ammodors to the Cigar Pass community. I'm here to answer any questions about our ammo can cigar humidors.

Ammodors are cigar humidors made from genuine US Military surplus metal ammunition cans. Every re-purposed Ammodor ammo box cigar humidor is custom assembled, by hand using beautiful Spanish Cedar lining. Ammodors come in a variety of ammo can sizes - the .50 cal, 30 cal, 40 mm and more. 

Ammodor combat humidors are rugged enough to be tossed around during any outdoor adventure; while sexy enough to be the centerpiece of your office desk.

We believe in giving back to our Service members and their families. We are honored to bring Hope to the lives of our nation's heroes and their families by donating a portion of all proceeds to Hope For The Warriors®.

Learn more at http://www.ammodors.com

the50deluxe.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

We also offer custom humidors built from larger non-portable, authentic vintage Military surplus vessels such as shipping crates, medical chests, foot lockers, storage boxes or missile/bomb containers. Available in a variety of sizes, types, features and costs to fit any need/budget.

Our most recent custom humidor project was 4' x 1' x 1' bomb container. It's huge, heavy and has tons of "wow" factor. 
This particular bomb parts container was used to store the guidance kit for the Paveway II laser guided bomb (the very front tip of the missile that has the laser system). The Paveway II bomb has been used for the last 30 years or so and dropped from a bunch of aircraft like F/A-18, A-10, B-52, F-111, F-117, F-15, F- 16, F/A-18, etc.

IMG_2304.jpg
That is one sweet looking humidor.  Nice work.

I love the look of these, especially that custom bomb container.

Those look cool.  Obviously you're not just buying ammocans and selling them as humidors, you're actually refurbishing them to be a real humidor.  Nice job. 

Just finished my latest large custom cigar humidor build using a vintage US Military surplus wood crate that originally held 105mm rounds for M395 Howitzer cannons.

Lined with 1/4" solid Spanish Cedar, has two removable top trays, cherry stained, cedar Boveda pack holder and Xikar Digital hygrometer.

Purchased this box from a Army/Navy surplus (along with a few others) a couple of years ago and have been meaning to play with it. Finally got around to building one for a customer! Turned out great. Love the history of boxes like this.

MORE PICS HERE. Let me know what you guys think!

savfowL.jpg

I really dig the M395 crate. Is the pricing for something like that on a case by case basis or can it be found on your website?

I really dig the M395 crate. Is the pricing for something like that on a case by case basis or can it be found on your website?

Thanks man! Our smaller "production" models that we build more of are priced on our site. Most of these larger custom ones are made to order using random containers (so one-offs, not mass produced) and start around $500. You can see several examples of other larger humidors we have built and get an idea for cost here: http://www.ammodors.com/product-category/large-cigar-humidors/

Just finished another custom humidor build. This time with a vintage US military surplus 81mm mortar shell wooden ammo box dated 1971. Let me know what you guys think!

g6ADvJv.jpg

zWnpycH.jpg

MGb1mK1.jpg

View more pics here.