• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help for the wife and Contest!

Was this a contest for child abandonment?

If so, I'm all For it!!

Voted for ya!

i've been able to vote and comment from 5 computers now. hopefully 8 by the end of the day. Tell your wife she has the best picture up there, it has style and humor!

Voted for her a couple of times Al and asked my FB peeps to do the same....... :thumbs:

Good luck!

Voted using Chrome, I.E., and Firefox. Sent a message to friends to vote as well.

Thanks so much for all the help guys. We've got her up to #6 this morning. Even if you voted yesterday please vote again today. I really believe we can get her over the hump for the win.

Unfortunately it was already tomorrow here (I have six hours on you) when I voted, so I'm tapped out. I used both browsers and shared it, so hopefully that will count for a few more votes among my photographer friends.

I love the photo and the colors. It really tells a story in itself. It truly is better, and more creative, than the rest of them. My only slight criticism about it would be in the color manipulation. It's very rich, and vibrant and deep, and that is amazing. However, it looks a bit unnatural right at the top of the tree line. Almost like a halo on it. Is that just a natural feature that showed up due to the exposure settings, or did it come from post-manipulation? Just curious, honestly. Again, I LOVE the photo. I'm a wannabe photog, so I just kind of noticed that, is all. Your wife definitely has a talent behind the lens. Great setting and framing. Hope she wins!

Kann, she says no manipulation. I can tell you as the person walking way in the front this was just a point and shoot, no staging no tri pod, no equipment or extra lenses. This was done with a 4 year old Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 (maybe $300 new when I bought it).

Wow! That's amazing. Definitely some talent there, and I apologize if I offended her, as I know some photographers are very proud of the results they obtain "naturally", and defend them fiercely. Great, great photograph. The stars aligned for this one. It definitely deserves the recognition.

Wow! That's amazing. Definitely some talent there, and I apologize if I offended her, as I know some photographers are very proud of the results they obtain "naturally", and defend them fiercely. Great, great photograph. The stars aligned for this one. It definitely deserves the recognition.

No offense what so ever, actually she had a big beaming smile. She's pretty new to this, always took a lot of pics. Just found out she was pretty good at this stuff. She absolutely makes the best of what she has. Which is that Panasonic, that's all she has. But she took the time to learn all the features and use them to the fullest. I'm quite certain that will be changing come Christmas time!

Got a few votes in, Al. I'll add some more a little later today when I'm at a friend's house.

I voted just now....hope she does well.

....did I win...??... :laugh:

Just remembered my daughter's computer! That's two more.

How do you tell the current placing? Is it the descending order when you click on "see all" (the one with the most votes is on top, etc...)?

Just remembered my daughter's computer! That's two more.

How do you tell the current placing? Is it the descending order when you click on "see all" (the one with the most votes is on top, etc...)?

Click "view all entries" then in the same general spot click "see all entries"

Hey Al,

just helped out and did my part. I would have voted for her pic anyways. I love when people put there subject at the bottom of the frame and or 1/3 up. I can't stand when people starting photography always thinks that the subject has to be centered!

Thanks! Good Luck!

Great photo Al, I voted and shared it on my FB page. Good luck to ya.

Jason

Hey Al,

just helped out and did my part. I would have voted for her pic anyways. I love when people put there subject at the bottom of the frame and or 1/3 up. I can't stand when people starting photography always thinks that the subject has to be centered!

Thanks! Good Luck!

The "rule of thirds"... It just works most of the time. I only see two, maybe three other shots on the first page of the "show all" that I would have considered voting for if I was going into this without a bias. However, I can tell you easily that I still would have voted the same way with only one choice. All the rest are just pictures, this is a photograph. It's art. Everything about it just works. Knowing that that "halo phenomenon" I see above the tree line is actually natural exposure makes it all the better for my eye.

*EDIT* We need another photography thread! :D