• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help me choose a humidifier

Beads are the way to go.

You do not need to recharge them with distilled water, but you can.
Always use distilled water if you put the water directly on the beads.

I recharge mine using well water in a cap from a 2L soda bottle. In the
winter I need to refill the cap every week. In the summer the refill is only
every 3 weeks, or so. The beads soak up the water vapor from the
moist air inside the humi. When the cap runs dry, the beads keep the
relative humidity(rh) up for a few more days. Check the rh regularly.

This method has been working well for almost 5 yrs. in my 150 ct. humi,
and for over 2 yrs. in my Vinotemp. I use a shot glass in the Vinotemp.

It's better to have 25% more beads than needed, rather than 25% less
beads than needed. I use about 3/8 # in the 150 ct., and 1.25 lbs. in the
Vinotemp.

Chemyst :cool:

Donkey whats ur addy ? I'll send it over this week. It will be 1/2 lb of beads in one of their 1/2 lb bags.

Willie I got 1/2lb for you as well whats ur addy as well.... No charge for either of my Cigarpass brothers.

Donkey whats ur addy ? I'll send it over this week. It will be 1/2 lb of beads in one of their 1/2 lb bags.

Willie I got 1/2lb for you as well whats ur addy as well.... No charge for either of my Cigarpass brothers.

Pmd thanks a lot

Just my two cents however from what I know ...if you pour the water on the beads they will crack ! You can repair this however it will take a little effort on your part and your beads are out of biz for a day or two! That said the best bet for wetting your beads is either a misting spray of distilled water or if you have seasoned your humidor correctly you can place your beads inside your humidor dry and let them collect moisture from inside the Humidor.
My first suggestion would have been to place the beads in the humidor dry so you dont spike the humidity level! If need be place distilled water in a shot glass or even better use a piece of foam sponge, the kind you get at a flower store! No mold....this is your best bet! Hope this helps!

Just my two cents however from what I know ...if you pour the water on the beads they will crack ! You can repair this however it will take a little effort on your part and your beads are out of biz for a day or two!

How do you suggest he repair cracked beads? Why will his beads be "out of biz" for a day or two?

That said the best bet for wetting your beads is either a misting spray of distilled water or if you have seasoned your humidor correctly you can place your beads inside your humidor dry and let them collect moisture from inside the Humidor.

Bad idea, in my opinion. Follow the directions that come with the beads - wetting the beads before they are placed in your humidor is recommended.

My first suggestion would have been to place the beads in the humidor dry so you dont spike the humidity level! If need be place distilled water in a shot glass or even better use a piece of foam sponge, the kind you get at a flower store! No mold....this is your best bet! Hope this helps!

Floral foam is not a good idea either. I have seen too many moldy foam pictures for a lifetime!

Pm'd Thanks again!

You sir, are a good man.

I got mine already. The beads look like they are in great shape. Thanks again!

and this is why I love it here.