• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help me make a list of premium cigars

Lumberg

Opus Lover
Hey guys I have a little free time at work so I am trying to learn ADO.NET and SQL. I thought a fun way to do this would be to write a program that creates a bracket of cigars and lets you pit them head-to-head and see which cigar comes out on top.

The database will track how well the cigars do and will post statistics as far as how well each cigar fared.

So there are no constraints, we can have any number of cigars we want and I will just pick a random nsample of cigars to fill the largest possible bracket (has to be a power of 2). (For example if we end up with a list of 20 cigars each time you play the program will randomly select 16 cigars to fill the bracket)

Anyways I was thinking we would go be series rather than individual cigar.

For example

Opus X
AF Hemingway Maduro Series
AF Anejo Series
La Aurora Preferidos 1903 Series
Padron Anniversary 1964 Series

No problem, I'll get you started.

Okay, that's enough for now.

NA

Padron 1926
Ashton VSG
Gurkha Pre-embargo
Graycliff
AF Don Carlos
Partagas 150
Montecristo Platinum/White/Cigares des Artes

Ok I said premium, not super-premium, so Graycliffe, Part. 150, and Padron 1926 are out.

Good call on the VSG and Don Carlos.

Not sure what the MSRP is on the other ones. I'm thinking MSRP should be between $8-15 for this bracket.

Thanks for the suggestions VP

Since i'm a new guy I would love to see this when your done, or could ya keep us posted as you go. If you drop the whole list on me at once my wife will kill me if I just go start buying.

does this mean no

Zino Scepter Series
Dunhill
Davidoff
?

How about:
Diamond Crown
PAM's
RyJ black

:thumbs:

I would consider Opus, PAM, La Auror Preferidos Super Premium also.

A Padron 3000 is a premium cigar if all you smoke is swisher sweets.

I think you need to define this better.

ricmac25 said:
I would consider Opus, PAM, La Auror Preferidos Super Premium also.

I think you need to define this better.
I'm thinking MSRP should be between $8-15 for this bracket.

ssa Don't most DCs go for more than $15?

Also Padron Anni 1964s are already part of the original list (I'm not distinguishing between wrapper types). I'm thinking the 1926s are out of the price range.

Half of the Graycliff line is below $15, the other half is over $15.

How about~
Don Diego Anniversary
Ashton Cabinet
Ashton Maduro
AVO Signature
Vintage years for Macanudo/Partagas
RyJ 125th Anniversary (this may be too low)
Upmann Chairman's Reserve
Red dot Cohibas
Oliva "O"
Rocky Patel (?)

Beefcube said:
Since i'm a new guy I would love to see this when your done, or could ya keep us posted as you go. If you drop the whole list on me at once my wife will kill me if I just go start buying.
I just wanted to say this is probably never going to be made public. I have a crude version working on my local machine, but I wrote it in .NET and hosting a .NET web app is just for kicks is impractical, as far as I can tell.

Sorry guys, it's sweet too.

$8 to $15 eh? I'm not sure if they are all over $8.00, but here are a couple that come to mind that I do not see listed already.

I would add:

Camacho Diploma
Bahia Gold
CAO Brazilian
Trinidad (domestic)

I may reconsider and try to deploy this application. I have finalized it and will look into how to serve ASP.NET from my home computer.