• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help needed

Sdejohn

Hello, my name is Steve and this is my first post. I was given the below box of Cohiba cigars from a closed estate. I have searched and searched and can’t find a picture to match this box. It is unopened and as far as I can tell is around 2010 due to bar code. Can anyone tell me more info? Thanks for any help. Much appreciated and have a great Father’s Day!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 33
Someone just gave these to you? Simple google search shows this box ran for about $18,000 in 2006..

Hello, thanks for the reply. I thought the Esplendidos are different than the Behike. Am I incorrect?

My mistake, I missed that. This thread seems to have some good info. Unfortunately many of the people in the comments are leaning towards the Esplendidos being fake. I personally have very little experience with CCs so please don’t take that as my opinion. Just what I have read in the forum. Best of luck! If you find anything different I’m sure people would love to hear what you find. Curious if your are barber poles or not.

Edit in italics

I am the least cuban knowledge person here. But, if the logo is BURNED in the wood, that, is half the magic. Not seeing a date code could spell the end of magic. The Habanos sticker to prevent tampering is prevalent in Mexico, so it ain't no big deal. Hey, smoke one, if it curls your toes, the better for you.

@CigSid @jfields Maybe you gents might be able to shine some light on this? I’d be curious to learn the things someone with your experience looks for when inspecting a box like this.

Hello! Can you take some more detailed pictures of the tax seal and close up pictures of the bottom of the box.

Thanks everyone! Here are a couple better pics. I saw that the number should also be right above the C in Republica on the seal. With a magnifying glass there is nothing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 24
Sorry bud. That stinks. You could always sacrifice one to the knife and see if it’s clean long filler. If so, like Ed said, light one up. You never know, it might not suck.