• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help with a gift

NavyWife

Hi all-

I am new here (just introduced my self in the other section) and I was hoping to get some opinions. My husband (Flushnutz) was recently commissioned as a Navy JAG officer and is away at training. I miss him tons and when I get to go to his graduation on the 17th I want to have a really nice cigar or two for him. Not only did he make it through training but Newport, RI in the winter<Grin> He tends to like stronger cigars. I don't know if any of you know/remember him but any help you could give me would be great. He hasn't been on for a while because of all his Navy stuff but I am sure in the Spring when all his training is done he will be back. Plus, he has a paycheck now so I will stop bugging him about spending money on cigars ;)

Thanks in advance,

NavyWife

Some of my favorite medium to full cigars are the Padron Anniversay Line (either 1926 or 1964) both of which are excellent smokes. My personal choice out of these so far is the Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduro. Another favorite of mine is the Funete Opus X Robusto. A rarer cigar that has just had one of its two yearly releases and is said to be on the medium to full side is the Fuente Anejo #77 (Shark). I just picked up a couple but they're currently sitting in my humidor and I haven't smoked one yet. Anyway congrats to your husband and good luck in your search.

Jayro, you switched your handle? :laugh:

All kidding aside....congrats to Flushnutz!!

Padron 46 maduro would be a great celebratory smoke. They run about 26-35 bucks. But you should also stop by a store and pick up a Phillie or White Owl and present it to him. Just to bust his chops a bit :laugh:

Jayro, you switched your handle? :laugh:

All kidding aside....congrats to Flushnutz!!

Padron 46 maduro would be a great celebratory smoke. They run about 26-35 bucks. But you should also stop by a store and pick up a Phillie or White Owl and present it to him. Just to bust his chops a bit :laugh:

I think that is a great idea. I will buy those cheapies and pretend like I think I did good! Then whip out the real deal. I know he underestimates my cigar knowledge so that will be hilarious.

Thanks for the ideas! Especially the joke!

Darn it! I was on my husband's computer and forgot he was still logged in. That last one was from me not the hubby. Sorry!

Padron '26 or '64, Arturo Fuente Opus X or Anejo, Diamond Crown Maximus, Ashton VSG, Liga Privada #9 are some of my goto celebratory smokes. I think he'd enjoy any of them, but not as much as them coming from you.

If you can't find anything local, there are several retailers on the forums here that could put together a nice little package for you to take. Let us know if you need names & numbers.

The while owl or blunt suggestion is great, too. Will be priceless to see his face as he tries to be nice and say thank you! :laugh:

-John

Padron '26 or '64, Arturo Fuente Opus X or Anejo, Diamond Crown Maximus, Ashton VSG, Liga Privada #9 are some of my goto celebratory smokes. I think he'd enjoy any of them, but not as much as them coming from you.

If you can't find anything local, there are several retailers on the forums here that could put together a nice little package for you to take. Let us know if you need names & numbers.

The while owl or blunt suggestion is great, too. Will be priceless to see his face as he tries to be nice and say thank you! :laugh:

-John

Thanks John. I know the local shop he goes to so I think if I go in with the suggestions you are all giving me they will be able to at least help me find something. BUT if they can't will let you know!

Tell him you sold his Mustang and bought a Camaro. He will love you forever! ;)

His signature says he loves Tatuaje, which I would add to the list. Tatuaje Brown Label are some of the best they offer. And I absolutely second what John said...(even the WhiteOwl).

NavyWife, PM me and i will send you a few sticks that he will love! Happy Holidays!

NavyWife, I'm sending you a PM here shortly reference this thread. I'll also be taking care of your hubby, he's a good dude. ;)

Not only is congrats in order, but a fellow Ohioian living in Baltimore. How can I NOT help out on this?? :D

PM inbound.

I am seriously overwhelmed. You guys rock! He will LOVE that you guys were so eager to help him celebrate!!