• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help with rare Fuente cigar pedigree

Kryo said:
...or smoked a Forbidden X.
I'm fixin' to fire up a BBMF this evening, pending wind, rain, etc. Then I'll have smoked two Forbidden X's. **edited** I'm so cool :sign:

Rumor has it there's someone around here w/ a Forbidden X Humi :)

Tony Bones said:
I'm fixin' to fire up a BBMF this evening, pending wind, rain, etc. Then I'll have smoked a Forbidden X.
That Opus X Maduro you smoked was a Forbidden X. As is the Phantom (I think I sent you one?) -- the lancero with the pig-tail top.

I do not believe there is a "official" size for the Sosa bat or the chilli pepper. These were never really "released". The chilli pepper I have is cedar wrapped and is a bit different form the one you have pictured. Or, it could just be the photo. The tip on mine is not quite as "sharp". There were two different sizes of the Sosa bat produced, if I remember right. They were also given out with the band on different ends, depending onw hen they were handed out. I bought both the chilli pepper and the Sosa Bat that I own, in March of 2001 at a charity herf, in Minneapolis. Along with those two I also got a Cuban Tickler. there was also an "A" that was called a Shark "A". I aquired that one in 2003 from the getleman who won it in the auction in 2001. Not sure of the exact production of these, but it was prior to 2001. I would guess they were given out to some people at the CFC in 2000.

As far as the maduros go, there are maduros of every production sized Opus X floating around out there. I had a Perfecion X and a xXx that were given out at the Fire Pit Crew Summit in 2001 (I think). I have also had double coronas, phantoms and I think a #5, at one time or another. Hard to say when any of them were rolled.

Matt R said:
I do not believe there is a "official" size for the Sosa bat or the chilli pepper. These were never really "released".
I have subsequently discovered that the Best Seller molds are used to make these guys.

The chilli pepper I have is cedar wrapped and is a bit different form the one you have pictured. Or, it could just be the photo. The tip on mine is not quite as "sharp".

Yeah, since the tips are hand-done, they are all slightly different.

As far as the maduros go, there are maduros of every production sized Opus X floating around out there. I had a Perfecion X and a xXx that were given out at the Fire Pit Crew Summit in 2001 (I think). I have also had double coronas, phantoms and I think a #5, at one time or another. Hard to say when any of them were rolled.

Just trying to track down exactly when they were released/given out.

I updated the rare Fuentes page a bit, adding some more cigars, but unfortunately that means I have more questions as well:

http://people.ambrosiasw.com/~andrew/rare_cigars/

Opus X Hummer -- what is the official size of this cigar (ring gauge & length)? When were they made available for purchase, and how were they sold?

Untold Story Cameroon -- what is the official size of this cigar (ring gauge & length)? When were they made available for purchase, and how were they sold?

Reverse Wrap Between the Lines -- what is the official size of this cigar (ring gauge & length)?

Never Ending Lines -- what is the official size of this cigar (ring gauge & length)?

Opus X Sammy Sosa Bat -- what is the official size of this cigar (ring gauge & length)? When were they made available for purchase, and how were they sold?

Opus X Maduro Double Corona -- When/how were these made available?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

WOW. Just how long did it take (and how many people did you have to kill ;)) to collect all of these? And how have you resisted smoking them? :)

Tony Bones said:
other1 said:
...And how have you resisted smoking them? :)
Simple. He resists smoking them by sending them to me...and then I smoke them :)
I think you got the good end of that deal! :thumbs:

Has anyone smoked the "Toast Across America" cigars?
have seen them in a few store in the 2 pack, just not sure if they are worth the $50.

sir-smokes-a-lot said:
have seen them in a few store in the 2 pack, just not sure if they are worth the $50.
At $25 a cigar, I'd say that they are not "worth it" -- but the reason they are priced that way is because the money goes to charity. 'tis up to you to decide.

sir-smokes-a-lot said:
I've smoked one and to date, it's my favorite Opus X, w/ the Power Ranger running a close second.

Look on the third page of "Watcha been smokin' lately" for the review. It was a very good and VERY flavorful cigar.

Worth the cost? Not quite, but still pretty darn good.

You need one of those football shaped ones I saw a few years ago. Sorta like Drew's EGG but it looked like a football. (And the chase begins lol!)

AVB said:
You need one of those football shaped ones I saw a few years ago. Sorta like Drew's EGG but it looked like a football. (And the chase begins lol!)
I've been looking for one for a while; I'm doubting I will find them, though.

Why do I get the feeling that moki's humidor could server as a find and rare cigar museum...

other1 said:
Why do I get the feeling that moki's humidor could server as a find and rare cigar museum...
Not mine. Lots of people have collections that are just outrageous... trust me. I'm just into a little cigar taxonomy :)

I at least found a picture of one here but it seems bigger than the one I had in mind. Check out the "taped" bat too.

Carlito gave it to him to smoke.. he shoulda smoked it!! LMAO!! :p

I am thinking there is a mistake in his write up describing that Football.

the cigar is more than six and a half inches around its middle. That's more than a 400 ring gauge

He is measuring the Circumference and multiplying by 64, and he did not convert the Circumference to a diameter. The actual ring Gauge of the football should be somewhere "more than" 132

to get circumference into 64ths ~6.5" x 64 = 416
to convert circumference to Diameter 416 x 0.3183 = 132.4128