• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help!

Firestorm

I know this will seem a really dumb post but I have just spent 3 hours or so reading pass threads. Nowhere can I find the " pass rules" I have seen someone refer to. Can someone tell me where to view this material. I am very new here and just want to know how to keep from offending anyone!

Thanks all!

Bob

Hi Bob,

Welcome to CP!

Lookup, see that black line going across your monitor? In it, you will find several different links. Look at the first two links, there are the rules and about passes. Also, check out the CHECKLIST link. Let me know if you see 'em! :)

Rod

Look in the menu on the top of your screen, black band with brown letters... Rules of a Pass...but remember these are general guidelines and each individula wil have more or less rules...see Dave's back to basics pass thread. LMAO

"see Dave's back to basics pass thread. LMAO"

ROFLMAO

Thanks guys! Wonderful information and precisely what I was looking for. I am no longer confused and this sounds like incredible fun! I am presuming by packing the tuppaware container in " peanuts" they mean the styrofoam variety and not the kind roasted and sometimes salted.... I can imagine nothing odder than getting a box of varietal planters and Reecies flavored cigars! ugh!

Appreciate the fast assistance. Looking for a chance to jump in! :D

Bob

Dave says use bubble wrap! Dave knows bubble wrap!!!

LMAO

I hear someone is going to steal Dave's bubble wrap. ROFLMAO

I'm stealin his tupperware!!!and baggies!!!!

Has anyone experemented with the humidpaks? I saw these recently at my favorite cigar store and it seemed like an awesome concept... 2 way humidity control!!! perfect for passes if it is real....!

They look like a moist towelette packet ( a HUGE) one and are supposed to both supply and withdraw humidity to keep at 70 %. great concept, but who knows! I put one in my new humidore, but the gage sticks at 60. (of course the gage may just suck)

1: STOP PICKING ON ME!!!!!
2: I don't use any separate humidification in my box passes. In my passes (and yours doesn't have to be like this! ) every cigar is individually bagged, so any humidifer in the box would be wasted.
3: STOP PICKING ON ME!!!!!

Dave
:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

Drat it...I forgot to join his pass just so I could steal his sharpie :p

Let me guess Dave... food saver II vacuum sealed? I have heard SO much about your valient efforts to insure safe fresh cigars!!!

ASPCC moderator... (American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Cigars....) :p

Now that's actually not a bad idea (I actually DO own a Food Saver ][), but if everyone on the pass didn't have one, they couldn't keep resealing the container.....

Dave :p

:D I have one of those also, but was afraid the pressure... ( roughly 14.6 pounds per sq in. at sea level) would injure the cigars. I tried to seal lettuce once... BAD MOVE. created mulch. Now that you have me thinking of it I will have to seal a dog rocket just to see what happens! * wicked grin*

I was actually thinking of putting it into a container (NOT a bag), but let me know how the bag idea works.....

Dave :D