• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help!

too funny... but I will try out the bag.. worst it can do is kill an already bad cigar. (NEVER experement on humans during the first test trial)!

Dave-- Just tried it out on a very dried out Nicaraguan Thomas Hinds Cigar I got as a promotion ( buy box get these " premiums" free). The " premiums" came in dry as a bone and the first one I smoked had the wrapper actually unwind from the brittleness as it burned. I kept the other 4 and have had them in the humi. Just vacuum packed one in a bag. The fact that the pressure is equally applied to all sides at once kept even this very brittle cigar from getting hurt in the vaccum process!

This may be an answer for singles sent out..At least in the initial mailing!

I'd still be a little concerned about it sapping the moisture out of a cigar. You know how when you pack meat or something, you can see the juices actually get pulled out of the item into the little grooves in the bag? I'd be careful before sending out a boxpass full of those.....

Dave :lookup:

Hey, I've got a hoover? Will that work with a ziplock?

LMAO

Dave, I'm not laughing at ya, I'm laughing with ya, Bro!!!

:sign: :sign: :sign:

BTW: You like my new portrait?

Interesting question Dave... In concept.. only liquid fluids could be extracted that way... as in meat. With other items.. it would draw the air from the environment, but leave the environment at its actual state... I would think the cigar would actually have more chance of gaining in humidity rather than lose once sealed... tobacco is organic and will always exude... unless sealed and protected against the ambient air pressure/ humidity...which a sealing effectively accomplishes. Even the humidpacks come sealed and tis said that they will not activate and begin their process and wear until released from that airtight seal...

I think it probably needs some experementation before we can accept or reject it. The vacuum pack is NOT a decimater, but an air extractor. It theoretically should leave the tobacco as is.

There you go...a all single stick, vacuum packed, cigar pass..try it...sounds like testing time. :p

Would kind of require a select group who had suckers...* grins*.... but a nice idea. I heard we have several with suckers......! * VERY BIG Grin*

Why not try it out...everyone who has a vacume sealer send me a cigar to insure it is safe. I will evaluate its freshness and smokability. :lookup: ;) :D

Yeah.............that's called "Cigar Pass Insurance"

ROFLMAO

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0

I've got dibs on the sealer bags  :D   This could revoulutionize the industry  :0  Will putting the cigar in a baggie and sucking all the air out of the bag and then zipping it really really fast work just as well  LMAO  :p

Actually, there is a company Grand Caribbean Cigar Co. that vacuam packs their cigars. "Freash as the day they were rolled" Premium Dominican Cigars

So, maybe a vacuam seal is good, no moisture can get in or out, so they stay just as they were when sealed.

Grand Caribbean Cigar Co ewwww!
I had a few of thier gems. shivers from the King Cobra..

As to the Humidification in a Pass, even when cigars are sealed in baggies it does make a difference to have humidification in the tupper. Ziplocks are not 100% sealed.

I mean it like this take out a bag of smokes and put them in your car for a week or two only in ziplocks. You would soon see my point.

I have to feel the best product for box passes is the one Vern now provides. Those Climmax humidifiers are not only stable they are rechargable. A distinct advantage over humidipack.

I place the cigars in single bags, then in a large Humi-bag. All that goes into a plastic container, that has a credo. Just want to be safe... :)

I once had a man send me some cigars that were vacuum sealed, but the bags were not plain on one side, and they left imprints on the cigars. Very rare cigars... :(

After experementation, I can finally put the vacuum pack issue to rest. I vacuum sealed a dog rocket yesterday and left it out in my car in the "food saver" packet.

I just opened it up to see what if anything had happened.

1. The cigar became articulated just as was mentioned by Devon. (It has a very attractive rattleshake skin type articulation on one side due to the stippled pattern of the vacuum seal bag.

2. Since the cigar was not perfectly rolled, the wrapper amd presumably the binder stretched into the crevices (air pockets) in the filler, which were drawn out in the vacum process. This left an odd assortment of surface indentations on the cigar.. ( Like the canyons the wing gliders in star wars flew through at high speed...only smaller and on a cigar)

3. The cigar is perfectly humidified as good or better than it was when it was sealed :D

4. The cigar is now not only a dog rocket, but a damned ugly one at that!

To summarize... this is probably not going to become the shipping preparation of choice.

You mean I shouldn't have individually vaccum sealed every stinking cigar in my original 100 for my box pass??

UH OH

JUST KIDDING (but you already knew that, didn't you? )

Dave :cool:

Back