• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hemingway Maduros

classyndry

on injured reserve
I was under the impression that Hemingway Maduros came out around Father's day. I haven't been able to find them at any local shops. Are they really that hard to find, or am I looking the the wrong places?
- Spencer

Spencer,

They're harder to find than an honest politician. I've never heard of the Father's Day release....I just seem to find them by chance or by bribing a B&M salesperson. If you have a relationship with a shop near you, ask them about availability.

Sometimes I get them through a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy....and by that time, it's $50 bucks more and missing 3 sticks...but that's OK, at least I got them.

I've never walked into a cigar shop and said "I'll take that box of Hemingway maduros please". Really tough to find.

Good Luck.

My local B&M told me that they get Hemingway maddies with the Father's day opus shipment. However, they still haven't gotten either. Since the Hemingway naturals aren't too hard to find, I figured the maduros wouldn't be impossible... Perhaps I was a bit overconfident.

try "smokes and more" in Boone, north carolina, they had a few almost full boxes last time I was there when I bought out all of their anejos.

try "smokes and more" in Boone, north carolina, they had a few almost full boxes last time I was there when I bought out all of their anejos.

Yep. The still have about 20 or so Signature maduros. I was in there this afternoon. I thought about picking them up, but I didn't.

Spencer,

They're harder to find than an honest politician. I've never heard of the Father's Day release....I just seem to find them by chance or by bribing a B&M salesperson. If you have a relationship with a shop near you, ask them about availability.

Sometimes I get them through a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy....and by that time, it's $50 bucks more and missing 3 sticks...but that's OK, at least I got them.

I've never walked into a cigar shop and said "I'll take that box of Hemingway maduros please". Really tough to find.

Good Luck.

You're looking in the wrong places Gary..... :whistling:

I was under he impression these only came out around christmas. At least thats the only time any of the B&M's I have ever gone to get them in.

That was my impression as well, mainly a holiday release.

Jim

My question is simply this:
What the F*%K is wrong with Fuente anyway?

I mean dude, these are terrific smokes. Send the shit to our suppliers, we buy them,talk about them here and review...
end of story.

End of story..... Hmm *Beyond The Band rubs chin* Thats a great name for a new vitola

Screw those guys

I picked up a couple at Tampa Sweethearts, and, if I rememeber correctly, they limited it to 2 sticks like they do with Anejo's.

I wasn't even going to pick any up until the guy encouraged me by saying - "I doubt you can get these easily."

Thankfully he recognized I was a newbie and led me in the right direction.

Some local B&Ms around here have historically rec'd these around the holidays, but have also mentioned in passing that Father's Day is a some-time release time as well - also with the Anejos. But, as others have stated, you're looking in the wrong places. ;) Tampa Sweethearts (i.e., Fuente) is an outstanding source. They usually require you to pick up something else along with the maddies/anejos, but you can do no wrong by picking up some of their Flor de Ybor bundles or any of the other Fuente products (Cuban Belis for instance) at a very reasonable price. The Flor de Ybors are fantastic smokes, particularly for the price.

edited for typo

My question is simply this:
What the F*%K is wrong with Fuente anyway?

I mean dude, these are terrific smokes. Send the shit to our suppliers, we buy them,talk about them here and review...
end of story.

End of story..... Hmm *Beyond The Band rubs chin* Thats a great name for a new vitola

Screw those guys

While I do believe Fuente is a master of marketing and controlling supply and demand, these are somewhat limited. If I'm not mistaken, because the Hemingway figurados are so difficult to roll, each Fuente torcedor that rolls the Hemingways is limited to no more than 75 a day. To contrast, torcedors that roll other normal production cigars may roll up to 150 a day. Being that the production on these is limited in comparison with other cigars, coupled with the fact that a relatively small percentage of the total Hemingways produced is done so with the maduro wrapper, you can kind of understand why they're such a rare commodity.

That said, I'm with you. I think they should split the cameroon and maduro production on these 50/50. But, it all goes back to marketing.......

Some local B&Ms around here have historically rec'd these around the holidays, but have also mentioned in passing that Father's Day is a some-time release time as well - also with the Anejos. But, as others have stated, you're looking in the wrong places. ;) Tampa Sweethearts (i.e., Fuente) is an outstanding source. They usually require you to pick up something else along with the maddies/anejos, but you can do no wrong by picking up some of their Flor de Ybor bundles or any of the other Fuente products (Cuban Belis for instance) at a very reasonable price. The Flor de Ybors are fantastic smokes, particularly for the price.

edited for typo

Yeah, I did this last year. You can't order the Fuente HTF's right off their website, but if you send in a request they will e-mail you a list of their Holiday goodies. You do have to buy $25 dollars of their regularly listed items before you can purchase from the Holiday list, but if you really like the Maddies and other Fuente HTF's then it is definitely worth it. There usually is a 2 stick limit per size, but I jut loaded up on all the sizes available for the Maddies and Anejos.

I saw that. You can get a bundle for just over $25. Doesn't seem like a bad deal, but my lack of storage is enough to keep me from biting.

Topic piqued my interest and since my local B&M has a way of having the unexpect, took the kid out for a walk today and guess what......Nothing. Talked to the clerk who did try to sell me some Opus X and said maybe I would be back to buy for father's day. Owner then came out and said no Opus for me as I had reached my limit of 5 (a fair amount more than 5) long ago. When chatting I asked when he expected some more Hemingway's or Opus. He said two shipments a year, one early spring and the other before holiday season. Pretty much said The Fuentes like to do this as stated above.

Brandon

P.S. Since I am working tomorrow I think I will kill some time and stop the other B&M and see what he has to say.

Spencer,

Good Luck.

You're looking in the wrong places Gary..... :whistling:

Show me the way in New Jersey bro....I'm listening :thumbs:

edited for typo

Just to clear things up, Tampa Sweethearts is not Fuente per se, the owner of Tampa Sweethearts is the brother of Carlos Fuente Sr -- and has no hand in the operations of Fuente Cigar co.

:( Man! Why are we posting this honey hole for every Tom, Dick, and Harry to see. :(