• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hemingway Maduros

My local B&M shop worker(he's the owners dad, strangely) said that the store has never been able to get the short stories in maduro, I didn't ask about the other sizes though.

:( Man! Why are we posting this honey hole for every Tom, Dick, and Harry to see. :(
There was a time when members would get very upset about this. Times change and not always for the better.

Doc.

:( Man! Why are we posting this honey hole for every Tom, Dick, and Harry to see. :(

Because they havn't been paying attention....nor are they using the PM feature.

Then again, I havn't PM'd any of them to ask "WHY the FLlCK are you posting this info".

When the source they are opening wider is all out, they'll whine that they can't find any.

The OP may have been best as an ISO...or a PM..or a SEARCH - any one would have been better than an 'open' thread.

Then again, the follow up threads are just as bad.

To be fair:

I was under the impression that Hemingway Maduros came out around Father's day. I haven't been able to find them at any local shops. Are they really that hard to find, or am I looking the the wrong places?
- Spencer

No
No
Yes

My local B&M shop worker(he's the owners dad, strangely) said that the store has never been able to get the short stories in maduro, I didn't ask about the other sizes though.

Short stories in Maduro are not available commercially. The only Hemingways available in Maduro are Classic, Signature, Masterpiece, Work of Art, and the Untold story is only available in maduro (commercially).

Say Hi to everyone at Yesteryear's. :cool:

Short stories in Maduro are not available commercially. The only Hemingways available in Maduro are Classic, Signature, Masterpiece, Work of Art, and the Untold story is only available in maduro (commercially).

Say Hi to everyone at Yesteryear's. :cool:

LINKY

The purpose of this thread wasn't to make public a secret source of Hemingway maddies. I just wanted to know when they came out, and if it was possible/common to find more than a couple sticks at a time in a B&M shop. I never asked anyone to publicly post a source of said sticks. If y'all are so worried about people breaking unwritten rules, perhaps they should be written or in some way communicated. I won't be the last to make this kind of mistake. For those that say common sense would have prevented this post from happening, without any kind of prevention, I imagine similar posts will be quite common.

Yes, but there will be plenty of posts like mine, and plenty of specific replies unless something is done. I believe the buy/sell/trade and retailer forums here are private (you can view them without logging in). There are options.

The purpose of this thread wasn't to make public a secret source of Hemingway maddies. I just wanted to know when they came out, and if it was possible/common to find more than a couple sticks at a time in a B&M shop. I never asked anyone to publicly post a source of said sticks. If y'all are so worried about people breaking unwritten rules, perhaps they should be written or in some way communicated. I won't be the last to make this kind of mistake. For those that say common sense would have prevented this post from happening, without any kind of prevention, I imagine similar posts will be quite common.

1) You could have found out via Search....or via PM.
2) It depends on the shop.
3) No, you didn't - what did you expect to happen?
4) Stick around
5) It probably won't be.
6) If people used the 'search' function a little more, they'd learn a little more.

Lucky #7 - Happy Friday!

I already knew about TS via search/reading around the forum. My question was about the availability of hemmi maduros in B&Ms. I didn't expect an answer specific to my store(s), but just for B&Ms in general. I expected someone to say something like, "I've seen a box for sale before, but its a rare occasion" or, "Never seen more than a few sticks for sale at xmas time", etc. Maybe even a, "Hey, I've got a few sticks for sale."

I'm not saying that this post was a success, but it seems like a lot of honest mistakes were made, and they'll probably be made again. Instead of publicly complaining about newbies not understanding the unwritten rules of the initiated, a kind PM or even a unkind PM would be better than just the standard, "Why don't the new people understand our norms?" complaint. Or better yet, a private forum for private discussions. It wouldn't take a lot of extra effort to make this the, "internets' friendliest cigar community." In any event, I apologize if anyone fails to get their hemmi fix due to this post.

I already knew about TS via search/reading around the forum. My question was about the availability of hemmi maduros in B&Ms. I didn't expect an answer specific to my store(s), but just for B&Ms in general. I expected someone to say something like, "I've seen a box for sale before, but its a rare occasion" or, "Never seen more than a few sticks for sale at xmas time", etc. Maybe even a, "Hey, I've got a few sticks for sale."

I'm not saying that this post was a success, but it seems like a lot of honest mistakes were made, and they'll probably be made again. Instead of publicly complaining about newbies not understanding the unwritten rules of the initiated, a kind PM or even a unkind PM would be better than just the standard, "Why don't the new people understand our norms?" complaint. Or better yet, a private forum for private discussions. It wouldn't take a lot of extra effort to make this the, "internets' friendliest cigar community." In any event, I apologize if anyone fails to get their hemmi fix due to this post.

Are you really going to keep up with this?

What happened?

Classyndry, No one was pointing a finger at you in paticular. The post I made, and the follow ups were just to put it out in the open........ To remind/educate everyone that you need to use common sense when posting sources. NC Fuente honey hole sources that is.

I'd hate for the source to dry up because a bunch of "Guest" read about it on our site. I'm sure that there are a few members that will vouch for me sharing that site via PM, thus promoting the "Internets' Friendliest Cigar Community." ;)

Yes this is the friendliest cigar forum, problem is that there will always be folks out there with a sense of entitlement! Sources for cigars and referrals for such places are earned through active participation with the community.

That is the way it is! If someone questions another one we shouldn't take it like a personal attack but as the way CP does business.

Some local B&Ms around here have historically rec'd these around the holidays, but have also mentioned in passing that Father's Day is a some-time release time as well - also with the Anejos. But, as others have stated, you're looking in the wrong places. ;) Tampa Sweethearts (i.e., Fuente) is an outstanding source. They usually require you to pick up something else along with the maddies/anejos, but you can do no wrong by picking up some of their Flor de Ybor bundles or any of the other Fuente products (Cuban Belis for instance) at a very reasonable price. The Flor de Ybors are fantastic smokes, particularly for the price.

edited for typo

Just to clear things up, Tampa Sweethearts is not Fuente per se, the owner of Tampa Sweethearts is the brother of Carlos Fuente Sr -- and has no hand in the operations of Fuente Cigar co.

The President and Vice President of Tampa Sweethearts are Arturo O. Fuente Jr. and Arturo O. Fuente, respectively. Their hand in the day to day "operations" of "Fuente Cigar Co." are something I don't involve myself with, nor was it something I was commenting on, but the bottom line remains, and my point is, Tampa Sweethearts is intimately, and inextricably, a part of the Fuente family, legacy and product. And, they are damn fine people there. You'd be hard pressed to find a more upstanding group.

I don't know that it was that closely guarded of a secret to begin with; think that proverbial genie has been let out of the bottle before.

I didn't feel like I was being attacked. I merely asked if it was possible to get hemi maduros (more than a few sticks at a time) at B&Ms. I was looking for responses like, "never seen them at a B&M in quantities over one or two per customer" or, "I'm able to pick them up around xmas by box, no problem." I didn't want anyone's secret supply made public, however, I've only really been into cigars for about a year, and I'm on the mailing list that was referred to earlier, and the TS is on the first page a google search for, "Fuente Hemingway." I suppose I should have been more specific in the way I asked my question. It is an honest mistake. Those that answered my question too specifically also made an honest mistake. I responded in the way that I did because I thought a couple PMs to those that made the mistakes would have been better than some public complaints about some of us being too free with said information. I also thought suggesting a way to discuss such things openly, but in the privacy of our community could be beneficial. I spoke with a few guys via PM, and there are no hard feelings on my end. Like I said before, if anyone's hemi source dries up due to this post, I apologize, but will take a commission from the increased sales (pp, mo ok)... :D

I don't know that it was that closely guarded of a secret to begin with; think that proverbial genie has been let out of the bottle before.

Yes you're right MC, that has been let out before. I was always given the impression not to do it anymore in new threads, due to the fact that any guest looking at the threads could read about these places. This makes sense to me with the increased activity this place sees almost every day.

Yes you're right MC, that has been let out before. I was always given the impression not to do it anymore in new threads, due to the fact that any guest looking at the threads could read about these places. This makes sense to me with the increased activity this place sees almost every day.

Understood, and I would tend to agree. Given that this is not exactly FOUO/SBU, and had already been mentioned roughly 10 responses in, it pretty much is what it is at this point...

I apologize if my earlier post upset anyone. I wasn't trying to give away a secret source, but rather help a fellow BOTL out. I understand the need for discretion for other types of sources, but I was honestly unaware that the same scrutiny was placed on B&M's/internet retailers in the states. If I violated any forum rules, written or unwritten, then I sincerely apologize.

Holy crap, I better lock my doors, everyone knows where they are now! :laugh:

Brian