• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Here We Go Again!!

So when your kids have moved out, how long will it be before you renovate their rooms for beer and cigar storage?

I wish I could use these.... With our soon to be 90 degree temps I need to look for a small closet AC for using them. Very nice customization!

So when your kids have moved out, how long will it be before you renovate their rooms for beer and cigar storage?
I’m good for beer Jon! Have always wanted a walk in humidor, but not at the expense of sacrificing a bedroom.

I wish I could use these.... With our soon to be 90 degree temps I need to look for a small closet AC for using them. Very nice customization!
Coolidor’s are pretty simple Brad. We get those temps here as well. Humid AF to boot. I keep the Coolidor’s in upstairs closets and the thermostat set at 70 in the summer. Typically the Coolidor temp readings are around 68 -69°. I focus on humidity levels more than I stress over temperatures.
I’m sure it can happen to me eventually, but haven’t had a beetle issue yet.

Costco has these huge monster coolers for around $100.00.

I'm 2 deep into these 150 qt coolers, only $65 at walmart:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Xtreme-150-qt-Cooler-Green/21947771

@jfields John, why do you feel the need to go vertical? Mine are long term storage, so I don't get in them all that much. So I don't mind digging around a bit when I do. They work great! I can pack a ton of boxes in these. I got the second one just a couple months ago, 1) because I needed to and 2) so I wouldn't have them packed too tightly, wanted a bit more circulation room. I even placed a small fan in one to circulate the humidity. I have duel sensors in all my humidors, top and bottom, and I'm finding the fan keeps the differential down to almost .5 percent! So I'm going to put one in the second cooler also.

Trial and error has proved that vertical affords me more cigar storage. It’s also easier when I do decide to dig through the cooler and play Coolidor Tetris having it vertical and sectioned off with shelves.
Also, even though it doesn’t really show in the pictures I took, that cooler has a huge domed lid that allows for quite a bit extra box storage when I let the shelves jut out.

If that doesn’t convince you George, just call it personal preference.

Coolidor’s are pretty simple Brad. We get those temps here as well. Humid AF to boot. I keep the Coolidor’s in upstairs closets and the thermostat set at 70 in the summer. Typically the Coolidor temp readings are around 68 -69°. I focus on humidity levels more than I stress over temperatures.
I’m sure it can happen to me eventually, but haven’t had a beetle issue yet.

Costco has these huge monster coolers for around $100.00.

Good info! Side question, do you stick with lower humidity beads to offset Incase the AC can’t keep up? Or 69 all the way?

Honestly, I couldn’t tell you. I’ve had them so long I don’t remember what percentage they are. Just that they still work.
Whenever they drop to around 64% or so I give them a distilled water/nano silver spritz. I rarely have to do anything in the summer months, and I have to be more liberal/vigilant in the winter. Every once in a while I’ve had the RH creep up to 71%, but I’ve never stressed over it.