• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Here's my latest coolerdor

Lee

cooler20002-vi.jpg

I actually got that igloo free! The folks I was doing a renovation for were going to throw it out and asked me if I wanted it!! Well, in no time, I had it converted in a nice coolerdor for storing boxes! I got the digital hygro from cigarbid for about $20. It was a perfect 65%/ 70 degrees F. after sitting for 4 hours! Made the shelf out of 3/8 dress plywood, which I cut on my bandsaw! :D

This is the way to go!

Wow what a great looking stash :D I guess I'll ask you why did you choose to stand it up vs. coffin style ???

My other cooler is coffin style and it's a pain taking everything out to getto the bottom box!

Ammo bunker? LMAO :D

Hmm.

What do you call the part that opens and shuts?

A coolerdor door?

And what if you had a special compartment in your coolerdor door, the way refrigerator doors do, for particularly frequently-smoked cigars? What would that be?

A coolerdor doordor?

Hmm.

I suppose you could use such a compartment, if you were so inclined, to establish a slightly different level of humidity, too--some people like to smoke cigars at 65%, but store them at 70%. Of course, if you were to maintain a different level of humidity in your coolerdor doordor, you'd need some sort of removable airtight partition between it and the larger environment.

A coolerdor doordor door, perhaps.

You got too much time on your hands. What's the phrase I am looking for, oh yeah, "Get a life, or at least a more exciting day job" :p

Emo

Question from a non-handy type of person.

What do you use to get the wood to stick to the sides? Hot glue, wood glue, or another type of adhesive?

Any type of glue that will adhere to the wood and is very very low in odor. Then make sure to let it air out for a a day or 2. ;)

Emo

I uesd some sheetrock screws that were 1" long.