• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hey All, I need your help!

bluue13

Hi Everyone,

I've worked with a competitive HS marching band program for the past 10 years which is now in danger of loosing its funding. This program has shaped and changed many students over the past 30 years and these kids do not deserve to have this program go under. Glee and the Give a Note foundation have teamed up to award schools in need money in order to keep their programs running. It would mean a lot to me and to the kids if you helped out by voting for the video that they shot and put together themselves. Thanks guys! It only takes 2 seconds.

For some reason the link button isnt working so please copy and paste the link below into your browser and click vote!

Thanks again, everyone! It means a lot to me and to the kids!

-Greg

http://www.gleegiveanote.com/vote_details.php?id=89

Thanks guys! Today is the last day of voting so if anyone else can set aside two seconds to do this I really appreciate it!

I voted. Not just because it's a CP member asking.
This is actually something I feel that the educational system is completely failing at.
The Arts have suffered terribly. So much focus on sports.
A lot more children, boys, girls, handicapped, etc. can get involved in the arts than can get become HS sports team members.
This enriches a child's life, and is proven to increase intelligence.
I also wonder if the band gets money from the Football game proceeds?

I voted. Not just because it's a CP member asking.
This is actually something I feel that the educational system is completely failing at.
The Arts have suffered terribly. So much focus on sports.
A lot more children, boys, girls, handicapped, etc. can get involved in the arts than can get become HS sports team members.
This enriches a child's life, and is proven to increase intelligence.
I also wonder if the band gets money from the Football game proceeds?

Thank you so much for posting this. The arts have truly suffered and get brushed over time and time again when it comes time to decide what is "important" to education. Find me one person in this world that does not find some enjoyment in the arts. Yet soon, if the Gov't has its way we will be a society of mathematicians and nothing else. Everything has its place in education and the arts hold one of those important places.

The band receives no proceeds whatsoever from FB games. You wouldn't believe (or maybe you would) the crap we deal with day to day, season to season, to have to FIGHT for support from the town. We constantly have to give up our rehearsal space and time for sports or other activities. Yet the moment there is no band at games, or ceremonies, people wonder why not?

I could go on and on about this but I don't want to turn political. Thank you again to all who have voted so far, and please, if you haven't yet today, please do so! We have moved up into 3rd place in the nation which is big for the contest! 3rd in the nation thanks to you guys. Every vote counts and helps! Thanks again!

http://www.gleegiveanote.com/vote_details.php?id=89

Coworkers and I are behind you here. I think...(most of us have different IP addresses, but nothing happened when I tried to vote. The numbers did appear to go up upon refreshing the page, though).