• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hey, I'm bigdan

bigdan1173

Hi guys,

I've been told that this is a good way to introduce myself. I've only been a member for about a day and I've already discovered the value of a coolidor to age cigars and the great specials at JR's.

I have been smoking cigars off and on for about 12 years. The first I ever smoked were the swisher sweets during my freshman year of college. I think they were about $1.50 a box then and I couldn't understand why anyone would spend $1 or $2 on a SINGLE cigar. Then I tried one. I was hooked. However, I really couldn't afford to smoke as much as I wanted and ended up not smoking more than 5 or 10 cigars A YEAR!?!?!

Sadly I only recently discovered the value of the internet in regards to cigars. I can't believe how much money I can save smoking "cheapies" regularly and only going for the nice "la gloria cubana" every couple of weeks.

A little more about me...

I am a Jr. High Spanish teacher, I love sports (especially college football BOOMER SOONER!), I recently moved to a Houston suburb called the Woodlands, and I enjoy cold beer as much as good affordable cigars.

Thanks to Joe M. who has already been a big help getting me started here at cigarpass.com!

Welcome to a strange corner of the world and wwatch out for interrnet cigar sites.So Addictive.

Robb

bigdan1173 said:
I can't believe how much money I can save smoking "cheapies" regularly and only going for the nice "la gloria cubana" every couple of weeks.
Brother, If you think that splurgen' is La Gloria Cubana, you better run! This place will have ya spendin' more cash than your credit cards allow! :0 :p

Welcome Dan,
This a very friendly place. Listen to what the guys say here. You will learn a lot. But if someone tells you to look at CigarBid.com, Run like hell and don't look back.
Have fun
Jerry :D

Hi BD,
Love the woodlands, did a vol. yr. in Housten and went out there camping a couple off weekends, Anyway , welcome aboard and beware of JOE.M :sign: He will have you spending more money than your credit cards can afford. (redundent but ... :lookup: )

Hey bigdan, welcome to the board. I second what jgriddle says about cigarbid.com. I bought once and now I'm hooked.

Nick

So run from cigarbid.com because it's bad (like quality) or like it's bad (for your wallet?)???

Also, thanks for the warm welcome. I figured at least one of you would try to rip on my sooners, but you didn't. So I'll buy the cigars!!!!!

Are Swisher Sweets okay? :sign: :sign:

Thanks,

Dan

Cigarbid is BAD for your wallet! In fact, I suggest you kick the habit cold turkey and send me all your cigars to keep you from being tempted. . . :lookup: :D

Seriously, WELCOME to CigarPass.com. You are gonna LOVE this place. It is a wonderful place to meet people who share a similar passion.

By the way, Kenny (AllOfUs123) is down there in the Houston area. Look him up and enjoy a cigar and cup of coffee with him. He works for the best coffee company in the USA! ! ! (Community Coffee)

Pull up a chair, kick back and enjoy yourself, and again. . . WELCOME! ! !

HAPPY SMOKES!

GB (aka Steve)

Don't listen to him he is evil. Cigarbid gives great deals. But make sure you do it in moderation. I have spent so far about $1,000.00 dollars on it in the last 2 months. It can be very addicting :D

I have a B.A., a M.A., a D. Min., and a D. Div., all in Religion and Biblical Studies and I can tell you with some authority that CigarBid.com IS THE DEVIL! :D

I will be holding weekly confessional times for all those who need to repent. LOL

Did someone mention my name? :D :sign:

Welcome to CP BD. Glad to have another TEXAN around. We've seemed to lost a few recently and don't won't the natives thinking they run this place....ROFLMAO! ;)

A Sooner fan huh? :angry: "The eye's of Texas are upon you!" :sneaky: :sign:

Speak of the Devil, and he shows up! :D :p :D

I wondered if I would get a rise outta you Kenny! Still enjoying the FANTASTIC coffee you gave me when we started my pass. Thanks man!

Kenny!

I'd love to get that recommended cup of joe. Even if we differ on our football teams of choice, at least you are a cigar and coffee lover.

Steve...

I actually got my BA in ministry and went to Seminary for a year. I wonder what my fellow Southern Baptists would think if they saw me light up a cigar?????

That reminds me of a joke...

Why should you never play golf with one southern baptist?

He will drink all your beer (or smoke all your cigars).

Why should you always play golf with three southern baptists?

You will have all the beer (or smoke all your cigars in this case) to yourself.

It's great to be here!!!

Not another Texan...... :sign:

Just kiddin' BigDan. Welcome to CP and enjoy your self cause this is the great place to hang your hat. :thumbs:

bigdan, just be careful which Southern Baptist you choose. Some of us live normal lives.