• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

hey you microsoft certified guys

mtdave2

myself and 4 of my friends are wanting to get the master mous cert. i am looking for the best training books and cds. we prefer a cd or video format. anyone have any ideas on what program would be best?

I like to think I know computers, but what the heck is a "master mous certificate"?

Dave ;)

the mous cert is a a 2 level cert on each of the office programs. once you have both levles on all 5 programs in microsoft office.. you are a master mous.

Who offers this? I just wonder , due to the fact that I dont know anything about computers: but if Dave doesnt recognise it ....... :0

When I get back home tomorrow, I'll look at my CBT software. I've got lots and lots and let you know. Everything from Server 2000 to OfficeXP to MCSE study stuff to Novell to Adobe everything to well, just about name it, I've got it.

I was an {this is my favorite term} "offsite back-up copy" for just about everything we had at my former place of employment. :)

Horse said:
When I get back home tomorrow, I'll look at my CBT software. I've got lots and lots and let you know. Everything from Server 2000 to OfficeXP to MCSE study stuff to Novell to Adobe everything to well, just about name it, I've got it.

I was an {this is my favorite term} "offsite back-up copy" for just about everything we had at my former place of employment. :)
Mark, will you be my friend? I Love You! :love: ;)

I'll post tomorrow what I have, study-wise. Afterwards, y'all just lemme know what you want and where to send it. :)

you da man hose! i like the cbt nuggets stuff. i have the a+ and net + cds. prob going to put them on ebay here soon. seeing how i dont need them anymore!

cant wait to see what you have! thanks

My friends are all in office type jobs. They all spend most their day dealing with the office programs. So the main reason to do it is for efficiency at work. 2nd is, if they ever had to find a new job. It is far better to show the master mos cert, than to say, ya I know access, and word. May people who think they know these programs are very mistaken. Just go try to take that cert test and you find out fast!

Another side of getting the cert, you would become the go to person for answers, as well as the possibility of getting a job teaching the programs. Over all though, it shows that you are willing to work at something on your own time, to better yourself. If I were the boss, that would score big points with me.

OK, here goes..

Adobe Products Training...acrobat, photoshop, illustrator, go-live *
Cisco
Internet Security
dsl
java
VB
Networking
Netware 5
Java
Solaris
Unix
Oracle
Developer 2000
NT4 mcse study guide
office 2000 *
Win 2000
Server 2000
Win XP
Office XP *

Hours, days, weeks of entertainment

*Each app is broken into beginner, intermediate, advanced and 'Power User'.

...zzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ...

I'm an MCSE for NT 4.0. I also have stuff (relating to the MCSE). They, of course may not be terribly helpful for any of the newer certs, but if anyone is interested in any of it PM me.

BTW, in my opinion an Office certification program is an excellent idea.

blair said:
..BTW, in my opinion an Office certification program is an excellent idea.
Any cert. program is an excellent idea...to have BOTH, the know-how/experience and the piece of paper... I can go on and on with 9 months worth of job hunting stories re: experience w/o the cert.