• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hirochi Robaina

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
Just curious if anyone has tried them and if you have any words of wisdom?

Had one from a sampler. I'm not a big flavor describer guy, but I remember it being very very smooth, considering it only rested for 30 days. A rich chewy smoke with notes of pepper drifting in and out and an undertone of wood. Med to Med-Full. I could tell that it has a lot of potential to develop some richer flavors down the line. I'm not a stickler for good construction on cigars, but construction on the HR was near perfect as well.

Good smoke overall, when price is not considered. IMO, they are slighty better than PAM/Ns 64/26s.

Okay, but they didn't live up to the considerable hype. Furthermore with the meltdown that happened between their distributor and the factory, it just doesn't seem like the trouble to chase down.

A very rich and satisfying cigar with the Hermoso being my favorite size.

Smoked a few and have one saved to try later. Good and rich, darker flavors, but for the $$$ nothing that jumped out as a candidate for regular rotation. Availability after the shake-up may a moot point, but for anyone who really likes them I've noticed some sites deeply discounting...I think Anthony's has them on clearance (down from around $400, lol).

Bumping Larry's thread because I was going to ask the same question...how are they? I seem to be bumping into them on various websites more than ever lately. And what's the story you guys mentioned about a riff between the various folks involved?

Thanks...

The split occurred between HR and whoever he partnered with at first. Someone else picked up HR after but I don't have details at the moment. I had a fiver of the toros that I am confident are pre split. Good flavor but horrible burn issues. The constant relights eventually soured the flavor. I have one or two left with good down time so I will see if they improved because of it.