• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hit w/ an Epoxy Bomb! WTF?!?!

Blue Dragon

Can't Re-Member
Well, a little while back I took a nice trip to Kansas City to hang with some of my smokin Bros and some hotties. When I came back from the trip that should happen every weekend, I found a crater where my mailbox was.

Well I finally got a chance to see if I could get into this Epoxy bomb a few days ago.

The Epoxy Bomb:
gallery_1983_179_34082.jpg

I have to give Jay some credit for putting this together. It had crossed my mind, but I thought I'd pass on the idea. It is very creative and I think would make an excellent paper weight! You wouldn't have to worry about the cigars getting all dried out because there is no way air is going in or out of that thing.

So my first thought to hack into this was to try some UV light. I have heard that high intensity UV rays will break down epoxy. So I figured it would be a good first step. ... It did absolutely nothing. So .. time to get physical. :whistling:
gallery_1983_179_27666.jpg

In my previous post I think I mentioned that I have a buddy with a bunch of power tools. Well, Here is Shawn going hard at it with a little rotary cutter. You know how guys are with a bunch of power tools ... "Here, lemme see that. Oh, I can get into that." A little challenge and off he went. :thumbs:
gallery_1983_179_19282.jpg

That cutter made pretty quick work of the Epoxy. We cut it down the middle of the cork figuring that would be the best way to get it out. heh heh
gallery_1983_179_16426.jpg

gallery_1983_179_40484.jpg

No Problem! :cool: :thumbs:
gallery_1983_179_52303.jpg

The next three threw a little sparks when the cutter hit the glass tubing. It made for a nice little fire show. Too bad you don't see it as well here.
gallery_1983_179_20238.jpg

So .. we just kept repeating the process.
gallery_1983_179_32954.jpg

Till they were all freed. :cool:
gallery_1983_179_4297.jpg

Now, time for a Victory Smoke! Whoo hoo. I had been wanting to try the DP BL Lancero, what a perfect opportunity. :thumbs:

Thanks Jay! That was a blast getting those out and even more fun showing my friends what a crazy bastard you are. My friends and boss at work think I am completely insane now after watching me make pipe bombs in the parking lot and then showing them this resin bomb. Not the best impression at a new job. Oh Well. Fu%#'em if they can't take a joke. :cool: :cool: :cool:

.... Fair warning though. You may think you have Jonesy's back, but you need to watch your own. This war is far from over. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

Love the pics, man! Helluva fun read as well! :thumbs:

FA08016.jpg

Nice, Cory. That was the only way I would think to get at them bad boys POWER TOOLS.

I tip my hate too YOU

Nice, Cory. That was the only way I would think to get at them bad boys POWER TOOLS.

I tip my hate too YOU
Yea, power tools were definitely the way to go. Someone posted about Acetone and E-Z off oven cleaner, but I was sure the chemical reactions would make the cigars horrid. I did a little research on the net and found gasoline as an option too, but thought I'd pass.

Hate? Hate is such a strong word. It should be used sparingly and on special occasions as to deliver the true potency behind such a word. .... 5 days .... 2 to finish my project .. 3 for shipping ... 5 days and you can use that word if you like. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LOL Great sequence of pictures. I love the lady standing in the window thinking "WTF are you idiots doing?!?"

I tip my hate too YOU
Yea, power tools were definitely the way to go. Someone posted about Acetone and E-Z off oven cleaner, but I was sure the chemical reactions would make the cigars horrid. I did a little research on the net and found gasoline as an option too, but thought I'd pass.

Hate? Hate is such a strong word. It should be used sparingly and on special occasions as to deliver the true potency behind such a word. .... 5 days .... 2 to finish my project .. 3 for shipping ... 5 days and you can use that word if you like. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well Not much for the word myself, I am all about a good challenge however, Fire away.

PS. seen any good lamp around :whistling:

I give you a lot of credit. I wouldn't know the first thing about getting anything out of this stuff.

Great job Cory, awesome set of pics.

I'm gonna have to step up my game!

~R

That is some funny stuff Jay. Cory I bet you enjoyed the pics of the outlaw event after that project, great pics!!

That is funny/wrong on sooo many levels! Way to crack it Cory!! :thumbs:

Billy

Nice job Cory!

BTW......were you aware that the dust from that resin is highly toxic?

Funny C, I can't wait for the next round of payback. :whistling:

Nice job Cory!

BTW......were you aware that the dust from that resin is highly toxic?
Um no ... but I believe you. I got a little in my eye and it hurt like hell. The next day I had a headache that wouldn't quit for 2 days. We even had a high powered fan trying to get some circulation, but it didn't help enough. Live and learn. Next time I'll just let it be a really cool paper weight. :laugh: :cool:

A very creative bomb. Great job getting them out of there. Very creative on both ends.

If you get them out....you deserve them.

Thats one wild bomb there.