• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

hmmmmmmm

Brazilla

toon122007.gif

Man, anyone else think this might be a tad close to the "politics is forbidden" policy? ???

Wilkey

Willkey, I would disagree with ya on that. Kinda a political satire, but since no speach or anything else, I woud say it would just be what it is......a tongue in cheek jest? Just my humble .02 though!

Don

Well, I guess it's what's in the eye of the beholder. I'll just say it doesn't bug me.

Wilkey

I'm looking at this from a pure cigar based point of view. Too bad the cigars are hostage to a political process.

Wilkey, let me expand a bit on my position. I feel a wide latitude here on CP. Take that useless pics thread for instance. I believe there is the same style picture in there of OBama driving Hilary. My position would be as long as they are in taste (again wide latitude), and do not come with any type of propaganda, then it would be ok by me personally. Others may not feel the same, and maybe I am in the minority here. Enjoy!

Don

Wilkey, let me expand a bit on my position. I feel a wide latitude here on CP. Take that useless pics thread for instance. I believe there is the same style picture in there of OBama driving Hilary. My position would be as long as they are in taste (again wide latitude), and do not come with any type of propaganda, then it would be ok by me personally. Others may not feel the same, and maybe I am in the minority here. Enjoy!

Don
Noted. And no worries.

Fact is, I don't think anyone knew Brazilia well enough to guess at his motivation (subsequently posted) so it just comes down to what one's default assumption might be. And it would be just an assumption. One point I would like to makes is that nothing is posted entirely randomly and devoid of any motivation whatsoever. On that basis, a potentially provocative image posted with no commentary whatsoever could be more problematic than one that makes clear the intent. To mangle an aphorism, it's easier to get along with the devil you know than the devil you don't.

In any case, let's carry on. Time to smoke one of El Commandante's best. :D

Wilkey

This thread is drawing me in like a moth to a flame, but I'm going to resist.

Doc.

I'm tired and simply too at my end to think strait right now, but is Brazilla's sigtag quote supposed to be spelled wrong? For reference, it's "Incompetence".

Don
Noted. And no worries.

Fact is, I don't think anyone knew Brazilia well enough to guess at his motivation (subsequently posted) so it just comes down to what one's default assumption might be. And it would be just an assumption. One point I would like to makes is that nothing is posted entirely randomly and devoid of any motivation whatsoever. On that basis, a potentially provocative image posted with no commentary whatsoever could be more problematic than one that makes clear the intent. To mangle an aphorism, it's easier to get along with the devil you know than the devil you don't.

In any case, let's carry on. Time to smoke one of El Commandante's best. :D

Wilkey

Guys HEY!!!! Hang on just a second!

There’s way too many conspiracy theories going on here. Brazilla does have a motive and it’s this. I’ve been urged, by more than one person here, to hurry up and get my post count up to 100 so I can be eligible for jonsey’s newbie pass. Conversely, I’ve been posting a lot of…ataboys, Welcome from Irving Texas, and Man those look tasty’s !nothing more, nothing less. The last thing I would want to do is stir up any $hit. Political topics are way too controversial and really do nothing but start threads that never end and cause people to attack others in ways they would normally not do. They bring out the Devil in everyone so there’s no accident that the topics are seldom allowed on community boards. The post with the cartoon is only a broad statement of changing times in Cuba and the hope of everyone here that maybe someday we could continue free trade with the Cigar makers and accept the product we all, at one time or the other, covet. If this cartoon has offend or given the wrong impression to anyone then please accept my humble apologies.

I'm tired and simply too at my end to think strait right now, but is Brazilla's sigtag quote supposed to be spelled wrong? For reference, it's "Incompetence".

From my point of view, the only thing I’m guilty of is miss-spelling incompetence. Guess my spellcheck wasn’t working that day.

Braz,

I'm good with it. Sometimes we take things too seriously here, myself, included.

Wilkey

I personally like the idea of the board being self-moderated (is that a word?) I also understand I'm looking for a home here and perception+reputation= acceptance. I just don't want there to be any misunderstanding of who I am or what I bring to the table. That's not to say I might not have different opinions sometimes but around our house we call that discussion and it's highly encouraged.

Thanks for the reply Wilkey

No worries.

It just takes time for people to get to know you. Time on the calendar and through your postings.

Another thing that newcomers would benefit from understanding is that this forum is pretty bawdy in some ways and conservative in others. You've got to work through the latter to really be able to operate freely in the former. There is definitely a streak of conservative nature.

In light of this, many bad first impressions happen as a result of a new guy unzipping his pants and kicking up his feet starting on day one. The internet isn't private, and neither is this forum, but that doesn't mean a place doesn't have customs and norms of behavior.

Stick around, Braz. Keep your eyes open, your ears open, and get the feel of things. Your effort will be rewarded.

See? Now you done gone and made me pontificate. :p

Wilkey

I would rather see ya do a newbie trade than be a post whore to get into a pass. Every nonsense post you make eats bandwith from rod. as for the picture I was not offended.

Well, I guess it's what's in the eye of the beholder. I'll just say it doesn't bug me.

Wilkey
Then why say anything ??? :whistling:

It's just a joke.

Brian