• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

hmmmmmmm

I would rather see ya do a newbie trade than be a post whore to get into a pass. Every nonsense post you make eats bandwith from rod. as for the picture I was not offended.

You of all people should accuse Dale of being a troll!

Oh boy, this is going to leave some marks.
LOL...I thought that corporal punishment is banned. Man, I used to come home often with cane marks. :laugh:

Brian

I would rather see ya do a newbie trade than be a post whore to get into a pass. Every nonsense post you make eats bandwith from rod. as for the picture I was not offended.

You of all people should accuse Dale of being a troll!

Oh boy, this is going to leave some marks.

This is gonna get INTERESTING. Of all people, DALE, a freakin' troll... wtf? ???

I was going to stay quiet, as I don't have much room to talk as I commit the sin of "postwhore" DAILY, but posts like:

I now have 100 posts!
Welcome from Irving Texas.
Welcome from Irving Texas.
Welcome from Irving Texas
Welcome from Irving Texas
Hello and Welcome from Irving Texas!

...are NOT, from what I was told, "contributing," to the community. Please take the advice from me, and make it worthwhile. Instead of trying to get your postcount up to be part of a pass, contribute to the community and forge relationships.

Don't call Dale a troll. That's just silly. He was right ya know, and AVB, Grateful, and some of the others that I respect on here yanked my chain in the same way that Dale did. Some of them weren't as nice as Dale either. Take it for what it's worth, but calling Dale a troll is not on the right side of the fence. Take a step back and relax, because Dale is only helping you out.

At least you didn't get a damn contest named after you, okay?: The great Post Whore Contest!

Trolling_drawing.jpg
?
Your first rendition which was simply a question mark was less, but equally out of place. Shoo, go on, get!

Cmon now, he's been here a little over 2 weeks. He can start throwing around accusations if he wants! I'm sure in his short time here he's become a great judge of character, in between his Welcoming posts.

Don't listen to these guys. You just keep right on picking out the bad ol' trouble makers & trolls. I mean, I've known Dale for a while, and didn't realize he was a damn troll.

Thank you Brazilla. :thumbs:

I get the impression that he was just trying to be comical but it was an ill-fated attempt, at best. There are many ways to rattle cages around here and more than a few folk have been guilty of not thinking a post all the way through. Also, posting more does not add to your credibility as a standing member.

At any rate, that was not in good form.

-Mark

Cmon now, he's been here a little over 2 weeks. He can start throwing around accusations if he wants! I'm sure in his short time here he's become a great judge of character, in between his Welcoming posts.
Don't listen to these guys. You just keep right on picking out the bad ol' trouble makers & trolls. I mean, I've known Dale for a while, and didn't realize he was a damn troll.

Thank you Brazilla. :thumbs:

Going to have to agree with Dan on this one. Its hard to explain, but welcoming someone to the forum by replying to their intro thread really allows you to connect with them, and the community as a whole, at a very intimate level.

Guys HEY!!!! Hang on just a second!

There’s way too many conspiracy theories going on here. Brazilla does have a motive and it’s this. I’ve been urged, by more than one person here, to hurry up and get my post count up to 100 so I can be eligible for jonsey’s newbie pass. Conversely, I’ve been posting a lot of…ataboys, Welcome from Irving Texas, and Man those look tasty’s !nothing more, nothing less.
Speaking of yourself in the third person is just creepy :(

Participants

The Invitees
1) Whopper
2) Handyman Dave
3) Ironpeddler
4) Yeahthatsme
5) Doc Wylie

The Contest Winners

6) Bully1875
7) Bxcigrfan
8) vinnyvega
9) {tpc}
10)
11)

The General Population Picks

12) Pembroke3355
13) MoeCizlak
14) BSneed51
15) Beyond the Band
16) Themoneycollector
17) The Green Monkey
18) Breedy
19) Manglesi
20) JohnCarbaugh

Damn, what a waste of atta-boys

The last thing I would want to do is stir up any $hit.

Oops :blush:

Getting good.... another meltdown coming? Cory part 2!!! lol

I didn't mind Brazila's post whoring. I thought it kind of humorous, but that last one was way out of line. Double D is a respected member around here, maybe you didn't realize it. Apologize and move on.

Doc.

I didn't mind Brazila's post whoring. I thought it kind of humorous, but that last one was way out of line. Double D is a respected member around here, maybe you didn't realize it. Apologize and move on.

Doc.

x2 Apologize, or melt down.

Oh, and stay in the first person.

I'm not gonna get into a pissin' match with any of you guys. I explained what I was doing and that I was encouraged to do so. (BTW ironpeddler can jump in here anytime and back me up) I don't appreciate being accused of stealing bandwith? from rod in order to just be a post whore and get into a pass and I really don't think ganging up on the new guy is what rod (even though I don't know him) thinks is in the best interest of his forum. Where I come from if you jump into a post you've had nothing to do with and accuse a person with derogatory statements...then you're a troll. I thought I was being polite by adding the question mark as in "your not trolling are you?"

When I posted my intro I don't think anyone posted more than a line of welcomes to me so what's wrong with Welcome from Irving Texas?
Not all my post, yes all 59 of them in 3 days, were not just trash either.

Now, if I'm not welcome here, just say the word big boys. If thats cool with you guys after all the $hit I've caused ??? then it's cool with me.

Getting good.... another meltdown coming? Cory part 2!!! lol

You know what. I ain't no effin 15yo kid coming in here to just stir up shit. I came here in good faith and tried to build a rep by getting into a pass. The cigars don't mean a $hit to me it's the community. Which btw is looking like not such a good idea on my part.

...and I am starting to get pissed about this!

Sometimes everybody, including myself, need to take a step back and think about how a post may be interpreted. Ambiguity will undoubtedly lead to problems, that's all. Nobody here wants to get into a "pissing match" with you but the last line of your previous post may also ruffle a few feathers. The tone was offending.

-Mark

P.S. Do not go off and escalate the situation because I don't think you had all together poor intentions and could really come to enjoy CP.

Brazilla.

Unfortunately, you are missing the point.

A simple apology, as has been suggested by a few long standing members, would have put an end to this thread.

It's STILL not too late if you value being here ;)

Brian

I came here in good faith and tried to build a rep by getting into a pass.

You've only been here a short while, and statements like the one above are one of the reasons why you see so many "Read more post less" posts. Your reputation at CP is going to be based solely on your daily interactions with the community. Post count and longevity may make you eligable for certian functions, but if nobody really knows you or likes you, you probably still won't be invited.

What's my reputation around here? Well I would assume that most of the reading public know that I am sarcastic, a smart ass and that little voice in the back of my head that is supposed to shut my mouth before I say something inappropriate doesn't always work. Beyond that, most people here know if they need help, they can ask me. If they have dealings with me they will get at least what they paid for and often more. None of this has anything to do with whether or not I was in a pass or not. Many of the threads around here turn into conversations, that is where you get known, trusted and invited to participate in special events.

For someone, anyone to make troll accusations against anyone after only two weeks on the board is not acceptable behavior. Even if it really was a troll, there are those more equipped to handle the situation, and trust me, they get there pleanty fast enough. You owe Dale an apology, and fortunately, you have the time zones in your favor.

If you choose to, stick around and participate. Take this thread not as an example of how the new guy gets picked on, but rather how we as a community come to the defense of our members.

I didn't know you were a sarcastic smartass. I kind of liked you. I guess I'll have to reconsider. ;)

Doc.

Brazilla.

Unfortunately, you are missing the point.

A simple apology, as has been suggested by a few long standing members, would have put an end to this thread.

It's STILL not too late if you value being here ;)

Brian

Exactly. It would have been written off as bad judgement and that would have been that, BUT as we so often see, ego gets in the way and up steps the next internet bad ass who is too good for this forum and its members.

Brazzila, step away from the PC, take a deep breath, sit back down and apologize. Perhaps that will be enough to clear the air.

Brazzila, step away from the PC, take a deep breath, sit back down and apologize. Perhaps that will be enough to clear the air.
Good advice in any case.

I'd also add that maybe, just maybe, you want to PM a senior member and talk this through with them. They might give you a little critical insight. And you might convince just one person that you are not the a$$ that's riding the a$$ bus down into a$$town that it looks like in this thread.

You've expressed some reasonable points in posts #12 and 15. Post #18, not so much. But if one were inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt (and I'm not saying I would) one could say that maybe you just didn't read enough to get to know who Dale is or in what regard he is held. From that perspective, post #18 was a classic "stepping on one's dick" episode." I wouldn't say it's a fatal one. Now Cory, that was just another class of flame-out altogether. But you've gotta get good advice (some presented in this thread) and follow it. And for gosh sakes, you learned enough about CigarPass to realize that it is a place you want to call home, don't throw it all away now.

Your fate is still partially in your own hands. But once that ropes slips your grasp, the doors here will close for you.

Do the right thing and I'll be the first to welcome you.

Do the wrong thing and I'll be the first to tell you not to let the door hit your a$$ on the way out.

Wilkey