• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hockey

All's I can say is, I'm thoroughly disappointed with what the Flyers did yesterday. Lilja, c'mon. Talbot, we'll be lucky if he scores 10 goals (he is good defensively which we need now), and some 39 year old named Jagr. We needed a scoring winger to go along with Jagr. I can see him putting up 50+ points because he'll get extended PP time, but we lost a lot more than we've gained.

Jonesy, you can always root for the Flyers East, aka the Kings. Just signed Simon Gagne to go along with Richards.

I don't know what the Flyers are doing but they are doing something. In my mind all they needed to do was add Bryz and be considered a serious candidate for the cup. Now, they've turned over their roster ala Chicago after their cup run.

Jonesy, you can always root for the Flyers East, aka the Kings. Just signed Simon Gagne to go along with Richards.

I don't know what the Flyers are doing but they are doing something. In my mind all they needed to do was add Bryz and be considered a serious candidate for the cup. Now, they've turned over their roster ala Chicago after their cup run.

Yea, I was actually hoping the Flyers would end up signing Gagne. He'll be a steal for you guys if he can stay healthy.

He'll be a steal for you guys if he can stay healthy.

Agreed. A healthy Gagne on Kopitar's wing = lots-o-points.

It'll be interesting to see how B. Richards handles the NY media spotlight. Certainly a bigger deal than in TB or Dallas. You've got to think Gabby will be on his wing. Dangerous!

Best value move of the FA session was Washington scooping up Vokoun, IMO. $1.5m for a numbers hog like him? Jeez! Great deal! If they can find their scoring again, they'll be a top team (again) in the East.

Gagne will be on Richards line. Kopi will be with Dustin Penner and Justin Williams.

If everyone is healthy and motivated, these two top lines make me salivate:

Penner - Kopitar - Williams
Gagne - Richards - Brown

Of course, with Terry Murray behind the bench no line is safe from being tinkered with.

Vokoun signing for 1.5 is a steal for the Caps. There was a time I would have creamed myself if the Kings got Vokoun.

Gagne will be on Richards line. Kopi will be with Dustin Penner and Justin Williams.

Gagne - Richards - Brown

Of course, with Terry Murray behind the bench no line is safe from being tinkered with.

Vokoun signing for 1.5 is a steal for the Caps. There was a time I would have creamed myself if the Kings got Vokoun.

You guys are all set in the net! No worries there. Now other teams would cream themselves to have your net situation. :laugh:

Sick top six! I would like to see Penner play to his potential. Big kid, soft hands and nose for the net.

How does it look for locking up Doughty? He and JJ are as solid as it gets on the blue line. Seriously, your top PK could be the best in the league.

*Edit for spelling

Gagne - Richards - Brown

That or you could have the Flyers west line of Gagne - Richards - Williams

Gern, I expect a new contract for Doughty to be announced soon. If negotiations drag out it will be an agent doing what an agent does best, screwing everyone sideways, IMO. We all know Doughty will be getting paid handsomely, but to be honest last season was sub-par for Drew. He still had a good season but compared to his Norris nominated season this past one was a tad lackluster. His mental lapses, complaining to the refs, and periods of ineffectiveness were noticeable and I'm sure Lombardi is worried about that becoming a trend. All that being said, Doughty is still an absolute phenom and a franchise D-man and a step backwards is not unusual for a still-young player. I suspect this season coming up will see Doughty pushing himself more and more.

As for Jack Johnson, the road wasn't always so rosey. Both Johnson and Doughty have shown propensity for mental lapses. Johnson has come a long way but still has ways to go before he's reached his potential of being a top pairing, physical, shut down D-man with a wicked slapshot. That's why I love that there are vet stalwarts each young player is paired with (Scuderi and Williams) to help continue to show them the ropes and be the safety net for the duo.

Jonesy, I thought of that however that bumps Brown to the 1st line and he's much better suited in a 2nd line role, and perhaps even a 3rd line role. Pairing Brown and Kopi together is very hit-or-miss. Sometimes they catch fire, sometimes they go games at a time being an ineffective match.

Our local squad has been very active as of late. The Wild scooped up Setoguchi and Heatley from SJ for Burns and Havlat. Great moves for us, IMO. We only had one guy at 20+ goals last year. Defense is great, but without scoring you'll never win games. New coach too. Next season should be interesting for us. I'd like to see them add another solid second line center too.

Well, it looks like all you Hockey fans lucked out. The Stanley Cup Champion Bruins will be televised on national TV 17 times this year.:thumbs: I, personally think it sucks. That means 17 games without our homer broadcasters. Only HNIC does it better.

Doc.

I get updates from Kings fan clubs, and news clippings all the time. I wanna tell them until Doughty gets signed or traded for a boatload, don't bother contacting me until training camp.