• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Holy crap! I got a Vinotemp!

PhatCat

Can't believe my good fortune. So a couple weeks back I went to my local Target and saw one 28 ct vinotemp on the clearance for $139 regularly $200. I knew the wife wouldn't go for that so I checked Craigslist. Found a 16 ct for $80 but the lady selling it was really hard to communicate with. Took her forever to respond to my emails. Well, glad she didn't becuase last night, get this:

My wife got off work and had to stop at Target. She called me and asked if I needed anything. I asked her to look at the Vinotemp isle and see if that unit was still there and if they still were asking $140 for it. She called me back shortly after that and said they had four units now, on the endcap and were asking $100 straight up for it and asked if I wanted her to get one. She said it could be my early birthday present. I was speechless. What a gal!

I'm so stoked. I need to get her something nice for this. The only thing that sucks is I left this morning for a tradeshow in Louisville. I won't be back until Saturday night. So much to do. Beads, shelves, hygrometer. I'm so excited. I already scanned the vinotemp threads so I've got a great idea of where to start. Then get some sticks to store in there.

Just had to share. BTW, if any of you live near the Maple Grove Target and are looking for a Vino, go get them quick. Not sure how long they'll last.

Thanks for reading this. Just had to share with some people who might understand my excitement.

Bill :D

Nice score! Mine is just about finished as soon as I get my shelves. Shoot me a pm if you have any questions or need any help.

Nice I hope to get one after new years when money is a little easier to come by rp

Nice deal! I couldn't find any used ones that cheap! Wife sounds like a keeper too haha.

That's awesome! Don't forget pics once it's up and running.

Hey, that's awesome of your wife to pick up that great find for you. It's nice when your wife supports your passion that some would consider a nasty habit. :thumbs:

Congratulations!

Nice, I had the opposite experience! I picked one of these up and my wife quickly confiscated it......for wine of all things! I didn't really need it but it was a steal of a deal.

Thanks everybody. Well, I think she still may find cigars a nasty habit but she's a bargain shopper by nature so I often hear her telling me about a dress she finds for $50 that was originally $300 or something like that. So she digs sales and clearance items. I still have to wonder what she'll spring on me. She must be up to something or plotting something... HA!

No, this deal wasn't on the Target website. I was surprised as heck to hear it had dropped to $100. The $140 I expected. But I didn't expect to hear that they had 4 units on an endcap and were discounting them that much.

It must vary store by store depending on their inventory. I can only assume a new model coming out or perhaps they're not buying the vinotemp brand chillers anymore. I would guess the prior.

Well, it should be a fun adventure at the very least. Tim (MTMouse) has been contacted.

I'm happy to take pictures, however, I'm embarrassed to say I'm presently out of smokes. I smoked my last stick last week and since I only have a 5 cigar otterbox and a boveda pack that's getting old, I didn't pick anymore up yet. I want to get a larger capacity storage device working first and then maybe hit cigarbid.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Bill

ps. Being in Louisville, at dinner tonight I continued my tour of bourbons I started last year. (last year's winner was Woodford Reserve, btw) I tried 4 Roses for the first time. Excellent! Tomorrow night I'll try something else. That's one of the nice things about my boss. He always wants to make sure you're well fed and get plenty to drink if you're going to come out on the road and be away from home/family for a few days. He always cautions me not to tell my wife how much I'm eating or whatnot. Don't want to make her jealous.