• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

home at last

Muley

Well, well, well...

First off, hello to all of the newer persons. Glad to see you've found your way to this wonderful community.

I've received some messages from a few of you - thanks a bunch - so in case anyone else was wondering where I've been...

I was officially commissioned on Oct 1 and just got back from knife and fork school in Florida. That means I'm finally an Officer! After 14 enlisted years, it's fairly liberating to sit back and think about everything that means.

The family and I have established a new household in Omaha, Nebraska (just got stationed here) and are enjoying the cold and snow. In case you're wondering what the heck a Naval Officer is doing in Nebraska, here's a link to check out

What are the Sailors jobs in Nebraska

anyway, just thought I'd check in and say it's great to be home and thanks for my fellow passers that wrote.

Welcome back Scott!!

Naval officer in Nebraska, pretty cool stuff!!
titanic.gif

We've got quite a
1motley%20crew.gif
of new faces here since early September.

Glad to see you're back and hopefully ready to join a pass or two
bounceflame.gif

coventrycat86 said:
Welcome back Scott!!

We've got quite a
1motley%20crew.gif
of new faces here since early September.
As one of those new faces :D let me be the first to say HELLO!! And welcome back to your home on the net!

I am glad to hear you have settled down and hope to have some nice conversations and share a stogie or two in the future.

From one of those annoying FNG's ;) (that keep comming and comming and comming....hey is there some kind of BOOOM going on??)

Phil

Congradulations Muley !!!! Thats great! Your now officially a gentlemen.

It really is great.

It sure is MY fav place to be!

Hey............. :lookup:

Did somebody here that sucking noise........ :0

or was it just me ???

hello!

i'm also another new person.
tho, i'm the only sane new person.

those otheres are crazy.
freakin insane.

oh i have an adage that i share with everyone:
"never stab a person in the neck"

and that's that.

Muley said:
Well, well, well...

First off, hello to all of the newer persons. Glad to see you've found your way to this wonderful community.

I've received some messages from a few of you - thanks a bunch - so in case anyone else was wondering where I've been...

I was officially commissioned on Oct 1 and just got back from knife and fork school in Florida. That means I'm finally an Officer! After 14 enlisted years, it's fairly liberating to sit back and think about everything that means.

The family and I have established a new household in Omaha, Nebraska (just got stationed here) and are enjoying the cold and snow. In case you're wondering what the heck a Naval Officer is doing in Nebraska, here's a link to check out

What are the Sailors jobs in Nebraska

anyway, just thought I'd check in and say it's great to be home and thanks for my fellow passers that wrote.
Holy smokes! You gave up being an enlisted man to become an officer?? Now you've really done it! :D :D

All kidding aside, great accomplishment. I bet that O-1 pay looks great with 14 years of service behind it, and that the family really appreciates it! :)

Guess you don't need the standard butter-bar lecture about listening to your NCOs either, like the rest of us needed to be taught. I haven't been to Offut in years. I'm trying to remember if that's where the AWACS, or similar snooper plane used to be stationed out of in the early 80's, or maybe it was at Tinker AFB. It's been a while.

Hey Navy really kicked our ass in football this year! :angry:

Nice to meet you, and God bless you for serving during these interesting times.

Regards,

4A

From a new face to an old one around here.......congrats and look foward to chattin'

Well, well! Look what the cat dragged in! :p Good to see you back! :thumbs:

In the Corps we called someone who went from enlisted to officer a Mustanger. I have no idea what you squids call it but from one enlisted upgrade to another a hearty congrats!

Welcome back and congrats. Gota commend you on the way you went. Seemed like officers that served as enlisted men first always had a better grip on things :thumbs: And the best part is, I don't have to call you sir :0 :p

Four Aces said:
Muley said:

1. All kidding aside, great accomplishment. I bet that O-1 pay looks great with 14 years of service behind it, and that the family really appreciates it! :)

2. Guess you don't need the standard butter-bar lecture about listening to your NCOs either...

3. I'm trying to remember if that's where the AWACS, or similar snooper plane used to be stationed out of in the early 80's, or maybe it was at Tinker AFB. It's been a while...

4. Hey Navy really kicked our ass in football this year! ...

5. In the Corps we called someone who went from enlisted to officer a Mustanger. I have no idea what you squids call it but from one enlisted upgrade to another a hearty congrats...
1. Once they get everything straightened out, it'll be a nice little increase. I've blown the first few months of extra money on new uniforms though...

2. Nope, they're the backbone of the military. The best teachers and greates assests..

3. Yep, you're on the right track, it's called Looking Glass. You can see all the details at stratcom.af.mil

4. Heh Heh Heh, was there ever any doubt?

5. Actually, we also refer to it as Mustangs. The term was originally adopted in Naval Wardrooms (probably before civil war times) Thank you very much. And Semper Fidelis, Sir.

Thank you all for the welcome back and congrats. As for the gentleman questions: Yep, I've always tried to be a gentleman. I feel you can get a lot further, and a lot more joy out of life by being nice and/or curteous. But, as a prior enlisted guy, I can give a nice hard kisk-in-the-nuts when I need to also :D

Thank you again.

Welcome back Scott , glad to see someone else around here is in the cold and snow. I didnt hear you mention anything about the wind though. :D