• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Homemade Jalapeno & Pepper Jack Venison Sausage

That's a beautiful thing. Love Venison Sausage. Mennonites here make a Venison Summer Sausage which is the best I've ever had.

Been thinking of making my own sausages like this. Thanks.

It's pretty easy, and the equipment will last a life time and is relatively inexpensive. The ability to manipulate recipes...combine say a chorizo with a boudain, etc...really drew me into it. I have about 125 or so lbs in my freezer...I really need to start giving it away more, lol.

Are you trolling for a "give me your sausage" post????

Have to agree with the others above. Venison sausage is delicious. Awesome video too.

So do you smoke it at all? The end of the vid said you were gonna pack and freeze it.

Are you trolling for a "give me your sausage" post????

Have to agree with the others above. Venison sausage is delicious. Awesome video too.

So do you smoke it at all? The end of the vid said you were gonna pack and freeze it.

Yes I smoke it, only with pecan wood. Adding the Prague powder #1 is what you add to sausages you are going to smoke.

I do competition BBQ and normally smoke sausage to eat and hand out to other teams at competitions. Brisket, ribs and chicken get old after awhile...so adding sausage to the mix is great for snacks and breakfast tacos. I make a lot of sausage (probably have 125lbs or more on the freezer, so I always vacuum pack and freeze it in order to either give it away or save to cook for parties or competitions.

Arent we friends on Facebook? You should know exactly how big I am, lol...

It helps I lost 120 pounds last year too, lol...

Arent we friends on Facebook? You should know exactly how big I am, lol...

It helps I lost 120 pounds last year too, lol...
Damn straight!! I knew that and was just kidding...... You know you've lost a ton of weight when your woman says it's okay to be on top again!

Makes great gifts you say?

Very nice great video how to DIY. Thanks for sharing! When I think of sausage I always think of this for some stupid reason. But I do laugh when I see it.