• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

House Brands

vinnyvega

I picked up a few sticks that are made for Gloucester St. Cigars in Boston by Tatuaje. The two I had were great(they are torpedos too!). They have the sweetness and creaminess of the Brown Labels with the spice of very young Red Labels. It was perfectly balanced between the two blends. The only problem is they are $10 a pop and that is a little more than I want to pay for a house brand. Can anyone recommend a good house brand at a fair value? Not CK or Holt's but something from a B&M off the beaten path that may not be well know. There's gotta be more gems like these out there. Right?

My local B&M is getting a house blend with Pepin Serie JJ scraps. It will be a sandwich cigar like the Benchmade, just with a better blend. :p

We tasted the first rounders, which were very good, and now the final products should be arriving shortly. I know I'm buying a couple bundles, at $2 stick.

Owl Shop in Worcester has a house blend made by Davidoff. ~$3 a piece. They may or may not be the same as the Davidoff 4x4, though, which retails for about half the price if you can find them. I've smoked through about half a bundle, and they were pretty much what I expect from bundle sticks, some great, some not so much. But being Davidoff, the construction is perfect.

New Havana cigars has an excellent house brand. They do not seem to be seconds and are not short or medium filler. They even come with a triple cap. I smoke them regularly and don't have anything bad to say bout them. Top notch IMHO.

New Havana cigars has an excellent house brand. They do not seem to be seconds and are not short or medium filler. They even come with a triple cap. I smoke them regularly and don't have anything bad to say bout them. Top notch IMHO.

To each his own, but.... http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=37709

While I don't condone their business tactics I do like their house brands. Cigar business is just that business, dirty or not I don't get involved and don't take sides.

Cheers,

O

My local B&M is getting a house blend with Pepin Serie JJ scraps. It will be a sandwich cigar like the Benchmade, just with a better blend. :p

We tasted the first rounders, which were very good, and now the final products should be arriving shortly. I know I'm buying a couple bundles, at $2 stick.

Sounds like a great deal, hope you will put some up in the BST forum :cool:

To each his own, but.... http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=37709

While I don't condone their business tactics I do like their house brands. Cigar business is just that business, dirty or not I don't get involved and don't take sides.

Cheers,

O
That was a situation where business wasn't just business. NHC blatantly disrespected a well tenured member/retailer of our's. This community is not here for "business". It's here for the brotherhood. Mess with that and we'll blackball your ass back to the fuggin stone age...

Wow learn something new every day. I had no idea that NHC personnel did something like that. I know another vendor who used to sell Tatuajes at AWESOME prices, but apparently got yelled at and told to start selling them at MSRP or they wouldn't be allowed to carry them. Don't really buy Tats anymore, but oh well..

Glad every time I even thought of ordering from NHC it was with rarer smokes. Their prices aren't that competitive and if they carry out tactics as that listed above, I don't even need to look at their site.

Cheers,

O
That was a situation where business wasn't just business. NHC blatantly disrespected a well tenured member/retailer of our's. This community is not here for "business". It's here for the brotherhood. Mess with that and we'll blackball your ass back to the fuggin stone age...

Like I said, I don't take sides and I don't get involved. You've obviously chosen a side and that's good, for you. I would rather leave it in the past and get this string back on track. Anyone rather continue to give views on merchant dealings can start another thread. BTW, I am not a retailer/merchant/salesman or anything else to do with the sale of cigars. I just enjoy a smoke here or there and the bonds between us all because of such.

Cheers,

O

I enjoyed the Taboo I've had as well as "El original" from Key Largo. The El Original was the first smoke I actually noticed as spicy. Each are reasonably priced although not in the $3 range.

You might check out the house brands at Fumare in Reno. ;)

The house brand at Jack Schwartz are really good smokes and the price is right. They are called Westminster. PM Eric on here, he'll hook you up.

Shamans and Havanitas at Tesa Cigars are some of my favorite NC's period. Being a CC freak, I really enjoy the earthiness/sweetness contrast they bring. Not cheap tho by any means.