• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How about a trader feedback section

AKmik

I was wondering what you guys thought about a trader feedback section, of course mods would have to keep it in check but it works very well over at CW.

see ya

Mike

This has been brought up a few times and gone by the waste side every time. The reason being that as close as the members are on this website there isn't a need for it. If a persons trader feedback is needed they need only ask others they've dealt with. I'm neither for or against the idea, but I think that's the main reason we don't or haven't done it.

The idea of trader comments at CigarPass comes up about once every year - and each time it has gotten shot down. Trader comments are essentially worthless. If there is a bad trader situation, the community should be made aware of it via the public forum.

Trader feedback carries nearly as little weight to me as post count does. The great weakness of feedback count is whether the person leaving feedback is giving a true or competent opinion of the transaction.

Personal interaction or word of mouth from members whose opinions I personally trust is what matters to me. Not inflated feedback or post count.

It does work very well over on a cologne collecting site I'm on. If someone wants to swap a cologne, if they have no feedback, then they are required to send their frag first and then they are given a positive feedback from the other swapper who of course, follows up and sends his side of the trade.

Might not be needed here or work but I have seen it work elsewhere.

Btw, there is a "Comments" section on each members CP profile where they could be logged.

Dan

I was wondering what you guys thought about a trader feedback section, of course mods would have to keep it in check but it works very well over at CW.

see ya

Mike

There are no "mods" here and if you ask me, it works like shit over at CigarWeakly. Scammers and gougers are protected by the "mods" there and posts and threads are deleted so there is no record of all the scubaggery that has gone on over at that site over the years.

see ya

Mike

Thanks for the suggestion but it really isn't needed. Go check out the Hot cigar deal area right now. You will see a well respected vendor. That is getting his promotion, the way it should be.. By the customers themselves, that know who the man is and know the products he carry's. They've done business with him..

This happens again and again on the boards. The quality vendors will rise to the top, with the members that have done business with them.. Posting about it.. It's the American Free Enterprise system working at it's finest.. The cream rises to the top.. Those that deserve to be noticed will be. Those that don't wont! Or better yet will go down in a ball of flame. And I've seen that happen a time or two as well.. :D

If you're a bad trader..........................Then you'll have a short future here due to bad word of mouth. No need for anything else, as we all look out for one another.

The idea of trader comments at CigarPass comes up about once every year - and each time it has gotten shot down. Trader comments are essentially worthless. If there is a bad trader situation, the community should be made aware of it via the public forum.
Whomp, there it is. We do things the old fashioned way, mano a mano. It's much more personal, much less fallible. Not as convenient but for those members to whom trading is a pleasurable side aspect of membership here (as opposed to their raison detre) it's no barrier at all.

Wilkey

We have the worst traders on Cigar Pass. They send you cigars without warnining, add too many cigars to passes and do other retarded stunts like that! So I think it has been said over and over this place pulls out the weeds and the lawn looks pretty nice all year round. :D

If an unproven trader offers or bids on an offer, FOGs are watching. Those who misbehave get quickly gutted. That's our feedback system. Want to know about a trader or vendor, just ask.

The image I get is Ebay feedback which is basically blackmail for the big rip off artists :(

We don't keep bad traders around, so trader feedback is not necessary.

Fuggin' cologne. Seriously? Shouldn't you keep that sort of thing to yourself?

NA

Thanks for the replies guys. I have been around here only a short while, and I completely agree. I have seen quite a few guys get ripped here, but I seriously can not think of one that did not deserve it.

Really my curiosity came from a recient trade I did with Wilkey (thanks again), he asked for people he traded with before and I was just thinking it would let people be a little more comfortable with new traders. But again you guys are right I do not think a scammer would last long here, so comfort really is built into the system.

It was just a thought, but I can see it is not needed.

see ya

Mike