• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How about the Colorado Rockies!

CoventryCat86

Corresponding authority
Holy momma! :0

The Colorado Rockies came out of absolutely nowhere to make it to the post season. Since the Mets blew their way out of everything today, the Rockies will play the Padres in a one game playoff tomorrow to decide the NL Wild Card and the winner will go on and play the Phillies.

Now I'm not a Rockies fan at all but I don't care who you are, it's great to see teams pull off what seemed to be an impossibility two weeks ago (well that is of course unless you're a San Diego fan but damn it you guys LOST today and you deserve this :laugh: ).

This reminds me of the Astros two years ago when they had to "run the table" in order to make the playoffs.

Congratulations to the Colorado Rockies. :thumbs:

Who's a San Diego Fan? :whistling:

Brian

The Rockies won THIRTEEN of their last fourteen games to pull this off. :0

Not only that, the Diamondbacks made it very interesting in the top of the 9th today in Colorado.

Coors Field went absolutely crazy when they won.

Sorry Brian but the Padres had their destiny in their own hands, all they had to do was to take two out of three from the hapless Milwaukee Brewers but no, the Padres lost today and they shouldn't have. They scored three in the top of the first but let the Brewers right back into it.....

I was at the game, and the stadium was electric. The stadium is usually dead, but it was as live as Shea stadium. GO ROCKIES TOMORROW!!!!!!

The Rockies have been fun to watch. Not as fun to as watching the Mets implode. The Padres were so cocky a week or so ago talking about how they were going to win the division with no problem and that the D'backs were not that good. Ha. I'll be rooting for them though I know nobody wants to be playing them right now in the playoffs.

The Rockies have a tough matchup against Peavy. I can understand SD wanting to save their ace for game 1 of the playoffs, but you have to make sure you get in first. It's easy to say at this point, however they would have been better served pitching him today rather than against the NL's hottest team Monday. It's all about getting in, especially in the inferior NL.

I was at the game, and the stadium was electric. The stadium is usually dead, but it was as live as Shea stadium. GO ROCKIES TOMORROW!!!!!!

You owe the Brewers a big thank you for beating S.D. the last 2 games. Too bad we didn't sweep them.

Oh baby.... Tie game, bottom of the 9th with 4, 5, and 6 up for the Rockies. Helton batting now, lets go Rockies!!!

Still tied, on my this is a fun game to watch. Sitting on the deck smokin a Serie A on the net and watching a game going into the 13th. Temp 68 F and perfect. I have been calling my good friend in Denver every half hour or so. Go Rockies!

Oh MAN! 2 run dinger for Harriston in the top of the 13th! :thumbs:

Pile it on boys!

2 bad for the Rockies. They kept letting guys get on and SD has some pretty deep late inning bullpen talent.

Gunna need some production in the bottom of this 13th inning or lights out. Good lineup is coming up so anything can happen!

I was listening on XM while in the car, did the Rockies get hosed on that double, the announcers semed to think it was a home run?

OMG!!!!!!! TIE GAME!

Winning run on third, can you feel it!!!!

BALLGAME!!!!!! ROCKIES WIN, ROCKIES WIN!!!!!!!

Great game!

Holliday never touched the plate on the last play of the game though ???

Still tied, on my this is a fun game to watch. Sitting on the deck smokin a Serie A on the net and watching a game going into the 13th. Temp 68 F and perfect. I have been calling my good friend in Denver every half hour or so. Go Rockies!

What are you going to do? What's done is done.......

Hell of a way to end the regular season though. Just about the only thing good in NL West.

Congratulations to the Rockies. It is one hell of a run they have strung together!