• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How can I get Cubans here?

Poor guy.

This is a case when "ignorance is NOT bliss"

Brian

"But like said, check the top tier suppliers for "Cuban seed" but grown in another country and you'll get about as close to an actual Cuban cigar as you can currently get in the US."

"The bands aren't the only thing that customs looks at to determine if cigars are Cuban. Cubans also have a "ring" or a couple rings along the tops of cigars made out of the tobacco wrappers. Next time cut off the bands and cut off the top 1/8 inch of the cigars."

"Sorry to hear you lost $600 worth of cigars. Some Cubans are absolutely worth the money. But in my opinion, you can find similar quality Partagas made elsewhere."

This thread is priceless... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

mac

I thought some of the "advice" wasn't really all that bad. A couple of people posted some common misconceptions that many non-cigar people have so that really shouldn't be a big surprise.

It could have been a lot worse.

$600 for a box of PSD4s? This guy got it on both ends.

By far my favorite:

The bands aren't the only thing that customs looks at to determine if cigars are Cuban. Cubans also have a "ring" or a couple rings along the tops of cigars made out of the tobacco wrappers. Next time cut off the bands and cut off the top 1/8 inch of the cigars.

I can tell you that Cubans are worth the extra money.

He's talking about the triple cap. All premium cigars (at least by my definition) have a triple cap. You don't need to clip your cigars on the way back. All they can look for is the band and the box. There is no other way to prove that they are Cuban. At least not without tatsing them. :thumbs:

Whaddya expect? These are AR15 guys, how much IQ can they have?

Whaddya expect? These are AR15 guys, how much IQ can they have?

Wow.

*puts his Bushy away so no one can see it*

Yah.. What he said!!! ???

I like AR's, fun shooting rifles with decent accuracy for the money. Stock bushy will shoot 1MOA at 100 yards off the shelf with factory box ammo. That's not bad considering its designed to get drug through the environment and its brother (the M4) shoots in burst mode. Its by no means the best rifle out there, but bang for the buck its probably damn near the best, IMHO..

What an A*SHAT! Sounds like BS to me, maybe he was trying to find a source, sell off some fakes, or he's a customs official. Either way he's still an AS*HAT! To top it all off, IF it was true, the sticks were most likely FAKES, from a waiter, are you serious??

Even my Grandmother knew better than that in the 80's when she used to bring me R&Js. :sign:

The statement that some non-Cubans come close in taste has truth to it.

I was told of a blind taste test among extremely experienced Cuban smokers of a Pepin Blue Label Delicioso. It was unanimously thought to be a high quality Cuban. I talked to several of the people who smoked it at Mahogany's in Philly so this really happened.

Blind taste tests can be very revealing! ;)

This is yet another example of Dirty Harry Maxim #8: A man's gotta know his limitations.

One has to be aware of when we're stepping out of our realm of competence...otherwise you just end up looking silly.

Wilkey

I wonder if they all made it to the trash! I also wonder what the custom's guy was smoking thta night?

The statement that some non-Cubans come close in taste has truth to it.

I was told of a blind taste test among extremely experienced Cuban smokers of a Pepin Blue Label Delicioso. It was unanimously thought to be a high quality Cuban. I talked to several of the people who smoked it at Mahogany's in Philly so this really happened.

Blind taste tests can be very revealing! ;)

Very true!

As for the linked thread... bwahaha... what a retard. :)

So even if we brought back empty cuban cigar boxes (while traveling in say China)...that would still be illegal? For an empty box??? (Yeah, I'm sure I'm getting a few chuckles and laughs from some senior members here. I'm still new to the cigar realm...so I can take the heat)

So even if we brought back empty cuban cigar boxes (while traveling in say China)...that would still be illegal? For an empty box??? (Yeah, I'm sure I'm getting a few chuckles and laughs from some senior members here. I'm still new to the cigar realm...so I can take the heat)

If a product is produced in a country that the US has trade restrictions with, then it is illegal for an American citizen to procure, own, partake, ingest, anything of said product. This goes for the box too. Just the act of spending money without procuring a product to said country is also illegal. Which means travel there is technically not illegal until the first time you spend a dollar there.