• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How do you light up?

Fire is fire, and unless it's coming from a road flare, it's really hard to discern the source of flame by cigar taste. The cheaper the better for me now. Ronson JetLites for the most part. I've long since given up on digging deep into my pockets to pay for pretty accessories. Those are about as useful as a smoking jacket.

What?! What's wrong with smoking jackets?

My sentiments exactly!
smoking_jacket.jpg

Plus it's reversible!
mbrown3.jpg

Bic lighters. I have a tendency to lose lighters worth more than a Bic. I've lost 6 Ronson Jetlites but no Bics. Funny how that works.

I think sunglasses are a lot like that too.

:cool:

I mostly use a Ronson Jetlite from Wal-Mart. They're only $3 so it's no big deal if I loose it or break it. My current one has been ticking for about a year.

Aside from that, I have a Master handheld torch and also a Master stand-up continuous flame torch. Both are outstanding.

I have used matches a few times but don't prefer them as it takes a little bit of time to light up.

i second the ronson. a buddy of mine turned me onto these little wonders (incidentally, he also introduced me to CP). for my money, you can't beat the value. it does a solid job of delivering fast, hot heat like all butane lighters, but at a fraction of the price. the bonus is that i'm not stressed about losing it. i'd put it toe to toe with the more expensive colibri i own.

when i don't have a butane lighter handy, i favor matches. yeah it might take a couple of matches to get completely lit up, but there's a certain romance to striking a match to get your smoke on.

Bic lighters. I have a tendency to lose lighters worth more than a Bic. I've lost 6 Ronson Jetlites but no Bics. Funny how that works.

I think sunglasses are a lot like that too.

:cool:

I have the exact opposite problem I've lost count of how many $10 sun glasses and cheep butane lighters lost but still have my Oakleys and lotus t3. cutters on the other hand still cant find my palio

I own probably a dozen lighters ranging from Blazers to Dupont. I use wooden matches 90% of the time. The other 10% I usually use a Blazer because I'm probably lighting up outside. I do like all of my lighters, just find that I'm a creature of old habit with matches. I also have an array of cutters, but most of the time just score the triple cap and pop it off with a finger nail.

Butane torches for me. I own a few but my favorite is a Perdomo Thundra Table Lighter I was gifted for my birthday a few years ago. Triple flame! :love: I love that big o' lighter and carry it with me everywhere...even though it looks a little strange when I take it out of my purse. LOL

I also have to hop on the Ronson bandwagon. Those things really pack a punch for a $2 lighter!

Anyone have the xikar pipeline lighter? It looks like a real classy lighter if your not into the whole jet propulsion thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWa4x5grGn0

Gotta love when someone tries to knock off a Corona lighter. I only use my line 1 Gold Dupont I got off Fleebay for $50.
Then had it serviced at an Authorized place for Duponts and between the cost of the lighter and fixing, I have a great
lighter for around $140. I paid that much for my Corona Old Boy pewter pipe lighter. :thumbs:

Xikar for me. I just wish that the lifetime warranty worked when I misplace them. :angry:

Well whenever possible or nice enough outside I go for the good ole matches, but the night club my friends and I visit frequently they pass out free torch lighters. Naturally I have one on hand whenever the circumstances arise but I do not like regular gas lighters at all. They always leave a nasty flavor for me, so if I have neither my matches nor torch I shall not smoke! :laugh:

I used to use a zippo, but I found a butane lighter, with the right technique, gives an even burn to even the most cheap rolled cigars. I like to burn all around the tip, blow on it to get it even, then take my first draw.

Butane double tip torch because matches are useless when its windy, and its always windy.

I will light my cigar with just about anything. As long as it lights, I'm good to go.

You can use a butane insert with a Zippo...

I use either my Alec Bradley Burner (aka the Bunsen) or my Xikar executive single torch when I need to be portable.

Thunderbird insert on my Black Zippo. Always toast the foot, then take 3 long drags and correct if needed.

Primarily Zippo for me. I always keep a disposable bic handy though, just in case the Zippo spits a flint and I don't have another handy.

As far as the lighting the cigar, I just roll the foot just above the tip of the Zippo flame until the end starts going decently, take a drag and check. I then blow, light as necessary and take a good drag until I have a good even burn.