• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How do you repair a wrapper

Does this stain the cigar? I have a bunch of Partagas 150s that a few of them are coming unraveled and I'd hate to make them all ugly. But then again, what other choice might I have?

Or you can send them to me, carefully packed to avoid further damage. I'll repair them, and if they turn ugly, I'll spare you with them, otherwise, I'll return them fixed, carefully packed to avoid additional damage.

PM me for my address.

:D

Good information. I have 1 or 2 sticks in the humidor that are a little cracked. Will have to pick some of this Pectin stuff up.

BTW, Where would you find this stuff at? Drug store? Grocery store?

lucasbuck said:
Look for Certo Liquid Pectin at a grocery near you ;)
[snapback]155126[/snapback]​

I was just about to ask this question myself. I have a couple of smokes need a little fixing up. Thanks for the info!

Thanks for bringing this thread back up. I am terrible with the search feature and I have a couple of aged VSG torps on which the wrapper is starting to come undone near the end. Ive never been sure about smoking it that way, I wanted to make sure that I get the full enjoyment out of them.

CYG

atuck said:
Does this stain the cigar? I have a bunch of Partagas 150s that a few of them are coming unraveled and I'd hate to make them all ugly. But then again, what other choice might I have?
[snapback]224502[/snapback]​

The partagas 150 I had (i believe it was dominican) was really awesome! The only place I found that had it was 30 bucks a pop!

I honestly just wet my finger a little with my tongue. it usually works as long as the wrapper isn't really really bad split.

Your stick wouldn't break if you'd stop fiddling with it!

KayakinBoy said:
I honestly just wet my finger a little with my tongue. it usually works as long as the wrapper isn't really really bad split.

You've been licking way too many envelopes, man!

I bought the liquid pectin the other day and gave it a try. I just checked on the cigars to see how it worked. It looks like it worked pretty good! I'll give it several weeks in the humidor to be sure but it looks like my Partagas 150s are saved. :thumbs:

I know a guy that was having trouble with the wrapper on the cigar he was smoking , about a minute later I heard him say there, sounding very satisfied with himself, I looked over and saw he had removed the entire wrapper and continued to smoke the rest of the cigar :p

I should warn you that this is a procedure that should be attempted only by a professional.

Randyb1 said:
I know a guy that was having trouble with the wrapper on the cigar he was smoking , about a minute later I heard him say there, sounding very satisfied with himself, I looked over and saw he had removed the entire wrapper and continued to smoke the rest of the cigar :p

I should warn you that this is a procedure that should be attempted only by a professional.
[snapback]226766[/snapback]​

I've tried that before and all it does is ruin the cigars flavor. Makes it taste like a completely different cigar. It also looks like you are smoking some Backwoods piece of ****. :laugh:

Bumping to re-ask the second part of the question:

Eins said:
Should I repair them now or when I'm ready to smoke them?
[snapback]154879[/snapback]​

I have a couple cigars I need to fix, but I intend to age them for a year or more. Fix now or later?

Also, I "inherited" four aged sticks that are very worse for wear. Appearantly, an old cigar-smoking friend (Jim) had left his kit* at a get together. A mutual friend (Bekah) had kept the kit so she could return it to Jim. But, after losing it in her car, he left Okinawa and she forgot all about it. Now (A Year Later) she just found it and handed it off to me becaus eshe left for CA. I contacted Jim who told me to keep the sticks. So not the kit is returned but I have a VSG, BTL, Padron Millenium and Padron 64 that are rather dry. The BTL is split and the VSG adn Millenium have wrapper damage. Any FOG Cigar-docs care to chime in with a diagnosis? I'm trying to save them for now, but not sure how salvagable they'll be.

-K-

I have found that the pectin in strawberry jam works fine reparing a loose wrapper, and NO it doesn't add any flavor to your cigar. However, I would advise putting it back in the cello after it has dried to avoid having it "stick" to any other cigars that might come into contact with it. Actually, would recommend the same thing if you use straight fruit pectin, as it tends to become a bit tacky if the humidity in your humidor gets a tad high.

Well, I had a cigar that had a couple of small cracks in it so I tried the Pectin method. I put it back in the humidor to dry, we will see how it is in a few days. I didnt use much, just dabbed a bit on and spread it out with the clean end of a match.

Thanks for the info. I have been tring to figure out how to repair the wrapper.
My wife said super glue :( but she's not a cigar smoker and I now wonder if she been thinking about the life insurance on me. ???

Many thanks to the FOG's who shared on this. I have always wanted to know how to repair a damaged smoke....

Lkyman