• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How do you repair a wrapper

Eins

To my dismay, I just noticed that two of my new QDO have a damaged wrapper. The wrapper is separating from the binder at these sections and I wonder how I can repair it.

I plan to let these gars age in their box. Should I repair them now or when I'm ready to smoke them?

I use either gelatin or a really watered down honey/water soultion to hold the wrapper down.

Eins,
You'd be better off sending those to me. I'll make sure they are taken care of.

ree ree robusto said:
Eins,
You'd be better off sending those to me. I'll make sure they are taken care of.
[snapback]155065[/snapback]​

I wish I could take you up on your offer. Unfortunately, there is no mailing address in your profile, so I had to shred them. :0

I put a little splooge on mine and that works great!

Note to self: any cigars from Leebo need to be passed under a blacklight. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Pectin! Used for making jelly / jam! It is like natural glue. A very wise Hawaiian guy told me that! No affect on the cigar what so ever!!

Leebo8-9-8 said:
I put a little splooge on mine and that works great!
[snapback]155097[/snapback]​

I wish you had mentioned that sooner.....
blink.gif

No worries MMM, I think I only repaired one of the bunch I sent to you..... :whistling: :laugh:

Well, I always keep some leftover around in a jar to use on wrappers and such....... ;)

Free cigars......................anyone??? Bueller??? :laugh:

GuyanaBoy said:
Now that's just sick. . .

:D
[snapback]155150[/snapback]​

Huh?? It gives them a rather earthy flavor..... :laugh:

Leebo - I'll take free cigars!!!! :whistling:

(Hudson, can I PLEASE borrow your black light)

Thanks for the suggestions, though - I've got a couple of wrappers coming loose as well!!! Never thought about putting Pectin on them - makes sense

I just smoke them real fast before they can completely unravel, what are you doing, smoking cigars or just apreciating them by looking at them. Fire that bad boy up dammit.

Okay. Pectin, splooge, gelatin, whatever--do you squirt...uhm, I mean spread it UNDER the loose wrapper or do you wet it from the outside?

Doesn't that stuff stink when it burns? ???

Just add a little bit to the outside until the damage is repaired. Then let it rest in your humi for a few weeks to let it dry and it's ready to smoke. It doesn't stink or change the flavor at all. I had a SP Beli that had completely burst in transit. Every other stick in the cab was near perfect so I wasn't going to bother my vendor for one burst stick. Now regarding Havanas like I do I wasn't about to toss it either. So I spent about 5 minutes carefully closing the wound with Certo, slipped it in a baggie and replaced it in my humi. A couiple of months later I fired it up and it was one of the best I've had. Looked ugly but burned razor sharp.