• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How Full are Your Boxes?

lucasbuck

Sheriff Buck
I was organizing my humis the other day which included consolidating boxes and cabs. I managed to free up a lot of space and it got me to thinking about this subject. I emptied any boxes that were about a quarter full or less and redistributed them in desktops or singles drawers. What about you?

I generally leave them in the box in my cabinet humidor until there are about 5 left then toss them in one of my smaller humis.

I usually have plenty of coolerdor space. Well, until recently I did.

I prefer storing the cigars in their own boxes until I'm down to 3 or 4 then they go in the loose stick sub-boxes and my overflow cooler.

Wilkey

Three is the magic number for me. When I get to three I move them to the desktop and start looking for anew box (if it is something I like).

Just did the spring cleanup, count and inspection of each cigar in the humi. I have no box with less than 12 in the humi. When the first row is gone, I either put others of similar size in the box or put them in the singles drawer and mark them appropriately. Usually I need the room for the boxes and have space in the drawers.

Good point.

Sometimes you can forget how many sticks you have in a box until you need the space. I move less than 7 sticks to free up space when needed.

Brian

My humidors are all FULL. When I have some space I purchase a bundle or a box of cigars to fill up the empty space.

My humidor is completely empty unfortunately but that should change on Friday. :D

:laugh:
I'm so forgetful that if I start consolidating cigars into boxes, I forget 1) what I have and 2) where they are!

on the flip side, every day is a potential Christmas when I find something I thought I was out of!
:D

So I have boxes that are full, all the way down to having just one. So far I've been able to maintain an balance between space needed and spaced used up by this. Someday tho...

Once I'm down to 3 or 4 I empty the box into my singles area.

I have no box with less than 12 in the humi. When the first row is gone, I either put others of similar size in the box or put them in the singles drawer and mark them appropriately. Usually I need the room for the boxes and have space in the drawers.

This is typically what I do as well. However, I only consolidate the same cigars with one another (e.g., RASS from 04 with RASS from 05, etc.). I almost always need room for boxes. Unfortunately, I have none right now. :( I am also out of room in my singles drawers. I would move singles to desktops, but I am really bad at remembering to take care of the humidifers in them

I have no box with less than 12 in the humi. When the first row is gone, I either put others of similar size in the box or put them in the singles drawer and mark them appropriately. Usually I need the room for the boxes and have space in the drawers.

This is typically what I do as well. However, I only consolidate the same cigars with one another (e.g., RASS from 04 with RASS from 05, etc.). I almost always need room for boxes. Unfortunately, I have none right now. :( I am also out of room in my singles drawers. I would move singles to desktops, but I am really bad at remembering to take care of the humidifers in them
:( :( So sad...no more room for boxes or singles. I, for one, feel terrible letting a brother suffer like this. So, my fellow BOTLs, let's all head over to Dawg's place, and just smoke and smoke and smoke until her has room for boxes and singles again....cause hey...it is the least we can do!

All my 100ct humis are full or over filled.
My cabinant end table one is full with boxes.
All my tuppadors(lock n locks) are filled with 2 inches of room from top layer to lid.
I am about to buy a 300qt or bigger thermo electric cooler and may just have to use my 4ft tall summer outdoor fridge as a cooling storage area as well.
I am in the mists of saveing for a huge armoir humidor with temp and humidity controles for my liveing room,it will be custom made,designed by me,with white bead board look to match my seashore cottage style house and go in liveing room.A wine cooler looking exactly the same will also be designed by me to go in dineing room.

:( :( So sad...no more room for boxes or singles. I, for one, feel terrible letting a brother suffer like this. So, my fellow BOTLs, let's all head over to Dawg's place, and just smoke and smoke and smoke until her has room for boxes and singles again....cause hey...it is the least we can do!

I agree! This is a true win win. :laugh: I know Dawg has some great stuff....and would not have us only smoke his "dawg rockets". :laugh:

I really need to get me a Cabinet Humi Craig... I have 4 desktop humidors that hold 300 cigars each, I don't have the luxury of putting whole boxes in them.

Back