• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How has COVID-19 impacted you?

Current situation at West Point (in the Emergency Operation Center) is 12 hours on and 12 off. Cadets (4000+) are currently home until the 29th of the month. Things are changing day by day, hour by hour according to the Federal Government.

Current situation at West Point (in the Emergency Operation Center) is 12 hours on and 12 off. Cadets (4000+) are currently home until the 29th of the month. Things are changing day by day, hour by hour according to the Federal Government.

Stay safe, Charlie.

All of our bars and restaurants have closed for dine-in patrons. Grocers are closing early too. My place of employment has restricted all travel and unnecessary in-person vendor meetings.

Grocers are closing early too. My place of employment has restricted all travel and unnecessary in-person vendor meetings.

Same here. Walmart and a few others have changed their 24 hours, to 6am - 11pm, which gives the overnight stockers time to get everything back on the shelf, instead of some crazies grabbing things out of the stockers hands.

All schools are on Spring Break this week, not sure if the Governor will extend it a week or not. Our middle schoolers both have chromebooks, so they could do some sort of virtual learning. Our 4th grader would need to somehow get homework, I assume the teacher would email the lessons out. Not really sure.

Still pushing through this and I hope it gets back to some normalcy soon. The only sports on this past weekend, were the Players Championship, which I watched. I also saw that CBS was showing re-runs of the 2015 and 2017 Big Ten basketball championships, LOL>

I just had to cancel my 5 day March Madness stay in Vegas I booked in Nov. I wasn't sure with my Mom's failing health that I would be able to go. But she has been doing really good and I had some back up to care for her.... si I was actually going to get to go it seemed. I had to cancel the previous 4 years for various reasons ( Family ). Then this... If Vegas didn't want me there to come get the Money I left 6 years ago... they could have just said so... they didn't have to go to this extent. ;-) Guess I have more money to buy cigars... but prolly can't get them shipped to me... so.... Yeah. I personally think it's a test to see if they can Medical Marshal Law the US ... see how the sheep all stay in line. JMO!!! I hope everyone is safe and well.

My youngest, who works as a chef at the downtown Hilton, got the call and was told not to come in for two weeks. Ugh....

Welp. Skyped with the boss & the rest of the Distance Learning team this afternoon.

I have to clock in every day. From home. They don't care WHEN (I'm salaried) as long as it's daily. Because reasons. 😂

Also we'll have 3 Skype meetings a week, and I'll be providing at-home work for our nine campuses to distribute to their students weekly for all four levels of English. We're in "one week at a time" mode in conjunction with the state here in Texas.

~Boar

Hope this is voluntary....
Stay safe and be well, my friend.
P
You all make it home ok? What was the process like getting back in the country?

Short lines through the airport in Chicago. Beat the 6 hour lines by 24 hours, thankfully. Still feeling fine, should know for sure in about 48 hours.

Conference call tomorrow. I will be running the orthopedic clinic and in off time I will be helping at the hospital if they get too loaded down. I’ve got masks for the sick patients only, as we are limited in stock.

Daycare hasn’t closed but is limiting on who can attend daycare to a select few. So, I’ve got the 3 (eva) and the 5 (isabella) year old at work with me. They are separated from the patients but I hate it for them cause they are stuck at work with me all day. Mom works in physical therapy at the hospital so no way they are staying there.

Outside of that they are closing schools and social events as you have seen. I thought that would affect us but hasn’t in the least. Which is a good and also bad thing.

It appears many large grocers are offering employment opportunities to those in the service industry. At least I keep seeing ads promoting this.

I have Parker (kindergarten) and Davey (preschool) at home with me as both schools are closed. Our gym has shit down for the time being. I’ve set up a schedule at home to mimic their school days. I’ll need to work in PE with them, more for me then them, but it is a teaching moment. Tomorrow, it’s burpees, pushups, mountain climbers. It will be interesting to see if they join me. I’m excited for the opportunity to home school them and introduce them to Physical Training. Day one has been decent but it’s a day by day thing. Parker is aware and I’ve had to tell him to focus on play and creativity as the wife watches the news- as he is aware of the negative news that is being communicated. I have told him not to worry about what They say, I’ll find problems for him to solve later in life. It’s yet another test on Leadership. I’ve told him that I’ll take care of this and given him what he needs to focus on. Improvise, adapt, overcome! Get some.

The Gov of MN has just declared that all non-essential businesses must shut down, including fitness centers/gyms. Fuck me. Just what a brand new, struggling business owner needs. What's worse, is that I'm a boutique, small, 1-on-1 training gym that has already taken steps to avoid the risks associated with big Globo-gyms. I need a cigar.

The Gov of MN has just declared that all non-essential businesses must shut down, including fitness centers/gyms. Fuck me. Just what a brand new, struggling business owner needs. What's worse, is that I'm a boutique, small, 1-on-1 training gym that has already taken steps to avoid the risks associated with big Globo-gyms. I need a cigar.
Take your training to the outdoors. They can shut down a building but not a park. Improvise, adapt, overcome. If your doing 1 on 1, it’s do able. Get someone to film it and use that to boost your social media footprint.

Take your training to the outdoors. They can shut down a building but not a park. Improvise, adapt, overcome. If your doing 1 on 1, it’s do able. Get someone to film it and use that to boost your social media footprint.
I know several gym owners that have done just that, however they all live in warmer climates than MN! I'm going to be moving a majority of my members to online training, where I provide the workouts and they do them at home. That'll get them by until we're allowed to open back up.

I know several gym owners that have done just that, however they all live in warmer climates than MN! I'm going to be moving a majority of my members to online training, where I provide the workouts and they do them at home. That'll get them by until we're allowed to open back up.
Sounds like a plan. Don’t discount working out in less then optimal weather though. It could be a game changer for you. Give it a catchy name like SEAL training or Snow training. Of Finish or Swedish training. Whatever your population’s ethnic heritage is. Enjoy the challenge.