• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How has COVID-19 impacted you?

Well, it didn't rain news, it poured. All Dallas school districts are closed and stated, likey through the end of the current school year. Restaurants can not have dine-in, everything must be take-out. All buildings current occupancy is now reduced by 50%. Texas is a slow on the uptake state. The one true beauty was our famous Parkland Hospital ( JFK fame ) is now testing for the virus ( but you have to be a patient of the hospital. There isn't shit around here for testing currently, and in five counties we have 8 confirmed cases. Shit is starting to happen. You can not fine ANY red meat in Costco along with no TP or towels, no sanitizer, no bread, no rice, almost no dog food. Costco on my trip today was Barnum & Baily. Back in'66 this would be called a cluster fork ( case you have young ones ). We got oil and gas, but disproportionately less brains. Oh yeah, courts are not open either, trial days changes. For me, the only, I repeat ONLY drive thru testing is down in San Antonio ( just a mere five hour drive). You will live longer if you drive through the state and go home to be sick. Come back in four months to get drunk and race your pick-em-up truck. And as for you do-gooders, pray for these poor folks,we need desperately.

I know several gym owners that have done just that, however they all live in warmer climates than MN! I'm going to be moving a majority of my members to online training, where I provide the workouts and they do them at home. That'll get them by until we're allowed to open back up.

Heck, clear out your garage and bring them over!

Sounds like a plan. Don’t discount working out in less then optimal weather though. It could be a game changer for you. Give it a catchy name like SEAL training or Snow training. Of Finish or Swedish training. Whatever your population’s ethnic heritage is. Enjoy the challenge.

Call it "The Winter War"!

Sounds like a plan. Don’t discount working out in less then optimal weather though. It could be a game changer for you. Give it a catchy name like SEAL training or Snow training. Of Finish or Swedish training. Whatever your population’s ethnic heritage is. Enjoy the challenge.
Many VIKINGS in MN, and that name is pretty popular these days. They sailed and rowed across the North Atlantic in open boats.

Since there is so much uncertainty and chaos, wouldn’t it be easier to just do a mandatory “shelter in place” for 3 weeks, then you would know exactly how long you would be out of work/business, everything would be back to normal in less than a month... restaurants, bars, hotels, etc... back to business. Am I just being naive?

Since there is so much uncertainty and chaos, wouldn’t it be easier to just do a mandatory “shelter in place” for 3 weeks, then you would know exactly how long you would be out of work/business, everything would be back to normal in less than a month... restaurants, bars, hotels, etc... back to business. Am I just being naive?
The virus can take up to 5 days dormant. It can take 11.5 days to present symptoms, the problem is, this virus is being spread by many who do not present any symptoms and are continuing to expose others. Yes a 14 day shelter in place would be effective, yet, people tend to not be listening to the suggestions put out, because of a need to exercise freedom above science. This next couple weeks will prove crucial to curtail this or contribute to the spread. We shall see.

It's sad that it takes this pandemic, to pull Kirk out of hiding! @MilesMingusMonk

So far he's weighed in on every pandemic that I can remember. ;)

Kids are at home on extended spring breaks and wife works at home anyway so not much changed for her. I work for a chemical distributor and alcohols of all kinds have been keeping us busy the last couple of weeks. People who formulate hand sanitizers and everyone who wants to sanitize their work place have been coming out of the woodwork. My hat is off to the people in the medical profession who are on the front lines and must be working insane hours.

Have a cruise book for may 3rd. Planning to cancel if it isn't canceled by company. Hopefully rebooking for December.

Have a cruise book for may 3rd. Planning to cancel if it isn't canceled by company. Hopefully rebooking for December.

We have a trip to Copenhagen, Stockholm, and Oslo booked for spring break in a few weeks, but we are obviously going to have to cancel those plans. Even if the planes were flying and the borders were open, the responsible thing to do right now is to wait this out and do our part in trying to get control of this pandemic. I'm not sure exactly how much money we are going to lose on the cancellations, but we have travel insurance for all of it -- we'll have to see what it's willing to pay out for. However, this is all small potatoes when there are people who have their whole livelho

In addition to the biological virus, we have an ideological virus, too. We have, as a nation, been indoctrinated to obey authority. Even to blindly believe authority.

You control your mind unless you give that responsibility up. You own your body unless you relinquish that ownership.

The virus can take up to 5 days dormant. It can take 11.5 days to present symptoms, the problem is, this virus is being spread by many who do not present any symptoms and are continuing to expose others. Yes a 14 day shelter in place would be effective, yet, people tend to not be listening to the suggestions put out, because of a need to exercise freedom above science. This next couple weeks will prove crucial to curtail this or contribute to the spread. We shall see.
I agree with you and Bill...

It is pretty interesting to re-read this thread from the start. The drastic changes that have been mandated / implemented by the world every 12-18 hours the last 6 days is just insanity. At this point I wish someone would just make a drastic decision, take the bull by the horns and say this is what we are all going to do as a country. These individual state/county/city life altering mandates are happening all at different times and seem to change every 18 hours or so. It causes stress and is not easy on anyone; it is not going to be easy anyways, so lets just take it in the chin and make a decision.

I know that is not how the system was set up, but I feel like this will re-write some laws moving forward. I am not into politics at all, and I am still not, but I wish something was different...

This is a cold. Many have had and didn't even know they were sick. They we're asymptomatic. Only the already ill will have trouble with it just like the 22,000 who died from the flu during the 2019-20 season.

If this idiocy keeps up the response to this non-existent problem could kill millions from malnutrition.

Italy is locked down because two people MAY have died from complications due to illness and a virus. Think about how crazy that is!

Don't understand how so many young folks have gone on spring break, totally irresponsible! Be safe, help your friends and family as best you can and above all use your common sense.

I don't know how this plays out, but I know my refrigerators, freezers, and pantry have never been fuller.