• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How has COVID-19 impacted you?

Was asked to write an article for Retail IT Insights about Safeguarding Retail Data from Hackers amid Coronavirus Scams... it was published today...

This has finally struck close to home. Not necessarily anyone afflicted by the virus, but horrifically impacted by the necessary safety precautions and restrictions enacted. A member of my non-biological extended family (I guess he would be like an uncle to me) was in an extremely bad motorcycle accident yesterday -- open compound fractures to both femurs, crushed pelvis, broken back, broken neck, facial fractures, cranial fracture, and small bleeds from his brain. He has already lost one leg because doctors couldn't stop the bleeding, and they are holding little hope of saving the other one. He has surgery on it tomorrow to make that determination. They have him intubated and in a medically induced coma at this time to protect his brain (doctors believe it will heal itself with no lasting effects) and his spine/c-spine. I don't know if he's going to have a halo fitted or not.

Members of my family in Pennsylvania have already started the drive down, but state border crossings are an unknown at this time, as is any necessary quarantining beyond the shelter-in-place and social distancing orders. What they do know, however, is that they will not be permitted inside the hospital. That is the hardest part for anyone there. From the other perspective, at least I knew what my injuries were before having my lights turned out. I cannot even imagine waking up to what he's going to face, and then not even be able to have loved ones there with you; he is not going to be lucid enough for any sort of prolonged phone conversation for some time.

I'm not begging for thoughts/prayers with this post, it's just how this pandemic has impacted me, as per the thread subject...

Was asked to write an article for Retail IT Insights about Safeguarding Retail Data from Hackers amid Coronavirus Scams... it was published today...
you rock

I'm starting to go into azure architecture as that's the way ee are heading.

thank you
I'll pass this on.

you rock

I'm starting to go into azure architecture as that's the way ee are heading.

thank you
I'll pass this on.
Thank you brother!
Azure is difficult to master, but an excellent platform...

This has finally struck close to home. Not necessarily anyone afflicted by the virus, but horrifically impacted by the necessary safety precautions and restrictions enacted. A member of my non-biological extended family (I guess he would be like an uncle to me) was in an extremely bad motorcycle accident yesterday -- open compound fractures to both femurs, crushed pelvis, broken back, broken neck, facial fractures, cranial fracture, and small bleeds from his brain. He has already lost one leg because doctors couldn't stop the bleeding, and they are holding little hope of saving the other one. He has surgery on it tomorrow to make that determination. They have him intubated and in a medically induced coma at this time to protect his brain (doctors believe it will heal itself with no lasting effects) and his spine/c-spine. I don't know if he's going to have a halo fitted or not.

Members of my family in Pennsylvania have already started the drive down, but state border crossings are an unknown at this time, as is any necessary quarantining beyond the shelter-in-place and social distancing orders. What they do know, however, is that they will not be permitted inside the hospital. That is the hardest part for anyone there. From the other perspective, at least I knew what my injuries were before having my lights turned out. I cannot even imagine waking up to what he's going to face, and then not even be able to have loved ones there with you; he is not going to be lucid enough for any sort of prolonged phone conversation for some time.

I'm not begging for thoughts/prayers with this post, it's just how this pandemic has impacted me, as per the thread subject...

Man.
vibes sent to him and the fam.

--------

We live in CT and the Mrs works in RI. She hasn't been stopped 'yet'...but I'm sure it will happen. She's an ER nurse and will have her hosp. badge.

Crazy

What projects are you doing Kirk?

The project that inspired my post was that I found myself working on refinishing some old canoe paddles of my late father’s , that he used forever on his fishing trips and canoe adventures. They should out live me once they are done.

If you moved to Iowa, and quite frankly why wouldn't you?, please come over and get my honey do list knocked down wouldya?

Will do , but you must promise to stay 6’ away - no more awkward bear hugs.

The project that inspired my post was that I found myself working on refinishing some old canoe paddles of my late father’s , that he used forever on his fishing trips and canoe adventures. They should out live me once they are done.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. I'd love to see some progress pictures. We go up to the BWCA each year and canoe/camp for a week. Now that I think about it, that might just be the perfect place to ride this thing out. 1 or 2 campsites on each lake, that should be enough social distancing.

School districts in Texas are locked down through May 4 now & frankly, I don't really expect to be back in the office this school year at all.

I'm just fortunate I have a job I can do from home. They sprang for Adobe Pro for the Distance team & I have to say, it is NICE. Spent the day writing lesson materials, saving them to PDF, and then combining all the PDFs into a single document.

Trying to keep grocery store runs to once a week. Gonna see if I still have any dust masks in my crafts box for the next one.

~Boar

MedPros: Does anyone need a possible line on masks? My physical therapist has a vendor over here, and he's asking his patients if they have any medical professional contacts that are finding difficulty obtaining masks. I don't know specifics on pricing or anything, but if anyone wants I'll get the information from him on Monday.

Found out a few days ago that one of my former co-workers, 39 year old passed away from the virus. He was by all accounts in excellent health and had no other illnesses. RIP. This is very real, especially in the NYC area. Be careful and limit your exposure to others.

I haven't had a cigar, since this entire thing started. I know they are saying that smokers should stop smoking, due to the complications it causes, if you get the virus. Anyone else worried about cigars, during this time?

Found out a few days ago that one of my former co-workers, 39 year old passed away from the virus. He was by all accounts in excellent health and had no other illnesses. RIP. This is very real, especially in the NYC area. Be careful and limit your exposure to others.

Sorry to hear that Anthony.

At soon to be 77, my age complication is here. The only added unknown is three stints, but no known other issues. As for cigars, I wouldn't mind seeing how the virus is affected by nicotine. The plant produces that to ward off insects. I was medical once, just hours short of my RN when shit hit my personal fan. Sometimes simple works as I expect Doc could relate to. We can get fancy later. A tourniquet works, we can repair after we stabilize. Totally agree to distancing, that's common sense. So is washing hands and being clean in your living space. You can not be responsible for the other folks, only yourself and immediates. Do genetics get involved? We don't know. We are looking at using plasma from those recovered which is another avenue. Lastly, do you suppose that in this day and age we are sharing that information with fellow scientific teams? Hell, the police don't do that across state lines, nor do we connect with the FBI at local, county and state levels, but we can play games with multi members across the ocean. Hope we aren't missing something right under our noses Because some ONE wants the glory of discovery.

Went out yesterday evening to pick up some take out food. The streets are so empty, you'd swear this section of LA was a small town. It's as if over half the population moved away. Surreal.

Not virus related, but got bad news a buddy of mine was killed in a motorcycle crash yesterday. It's been a really rough time to say the least.

Death is not new to me, but not be able to get a hair cut is. This sucks.

Doc

I hear ya. I keep a skin tight high fade pompadour going & while I'm usually a week or so late for my haircuts, if I have to wait another month it's gonna be touching my damn ears.

MedPros: Does anyone need a possible line on masks? My physical therapist has a vendor over here, and he's asking his patients if they have any medical professional contacts that are finding difficulty obtaining masks. I don't know specifics on pricing or anything, but if anyone wants I'll get the information from him on Monday.
Yes please.

Mrs is an ER nurse.
Message me -- thanks