• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How is a Cigar Caddy for long-time storage?

I've recently purchased a Cigar Caddy but have been unable to test its abilities. I have a trip coming up in may where I'll be gone for about 6-7 days and I can only hope that the RH will stay for that amount of time.

I've recently purchased a Cigar Caddy but have been unable to test its abilities. I have a trip coming up in may where I'll be gone for about 6-7 days and I can only hope that the RH will stay for that amount of time.

you should have no problems at all. As I stated before, Cigar Caddy is made by Otterbox. Otterbox is 1 of the oldest waterproof case manufacturers, and their cases definetely are the best available.

you should have no problems at all. As I stated before, Cigar Caddy is made by Otterbox. Otterbox is 1 of the oldest waterproof case manufacturers, and their cases definetely are the best available.

Like I said...I've owned several of these. http://www.cigarcaddy.com/products/15_stick/ And I personally think they suck compared to the Armored Humidor. I haven't owned a Pelican case but its like the Armored humidor. You can get all worked up as you see fit, but you can not change my opinion that I know what I am talking about and how I think its a sub-par product. If you are looking for a week or 2 travel, then sure the cheap ass Cigar Caddy will work. But when you speak of the travel I do, they just are not good enough. I've owned at least 3 Cigar Caddy's in my time. I actually used one for a longer term storage and the wrappers become brittle after a bit of time. You can personally rave about them all you want, but that will not change the fact I think they suck.

Its like me telling you that Acids is the best cigar ever and these are the reasons why. You can think they are the worst ever. Neither of us will sway OUR personal opinion. :laugh:

Its like me telling you that Acids is the best cigar ever and these are the reasons why. You can think they are the worst ever. Neither of us will sway OUR personal opinion. :laugh:

Then why keep arguing about it? For crying out loud, there's no right or wrong here. You have your opinion and that's fine. Others have their opinions and that's fine. Continually telling everyone else they're wrong and you're right isn't necessary or constructive.

Cigar Caddy uses two different kinds of boxes, see table at: http://www.cigarcaddy.com/techspecs.htm The boxes in the top row lack venting, so the boxes on the top row (up to 15 stick) are not constructed like the boxes in the bottom row (18 and 30 stick). The suggested uses given in the table and jump in price from the 15-stick to the 18-stick bear this out.

Thus, when Mr. Peat compares a $30MSRP 15-stick Cigar Caddy to his $70MSRP Armored Humidor, he is comparing apples to oranges. The comparison should be between the 18-stick Armored Humidor and the 18-stick Cigar Caddy. I've compared the two 18-stick models in a B&M, and there wasn't much difference - at least within a humidor context. (If you fly a lot, the Pelican/Armored Humidor has an automatic purge valve instead of a manual vent that you unscrew. OTOH, because of the valve, the Pelican is watertight, not waterproof.)

Thanks all for your input -- I didn't expect so many replies here, but I appreciate it! :)

Brickhouse, I plan on going in september and I was wondering what would work out there. Was it a Caddy or just a regular humidor?

I thought Caddy's worked very well. I had a regular humidor and it just seemed I couldn't keep the humidity up. The Caddy's seal kept everything great.

I've used several Cigar Caddy types also. They do need some attention to make sure humidity is stable, otherwise it is a solid product for most of our every day uses. I'm sure the Armoured's may be of better quality, but for a long weekend or two week vacation the less expensive Caddy's do me fine.

You just need to decide what your needs are: Less expensive and more humidity checks, or more expensive and less maintenance.

I use the cigar caddy on the boat and in my work truck . It has taken an ass whoopin and the cigars have been unscathed.Havent used it for anything longer than a few days so I cant speak about how well it holds RH.