• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How long do you let your sticks rest before firing them up?

I stop by the cigar shop atleast twice a week, buy 3 - 4 and smoke 1 there (usually, sometimes 2!) and take the rest home for the humi. Storing them up though. Mail orders, though, I let sit for a week before I touch 'em..... even though there's a Oliva Serie V sampler sitting in there that I'm just dying to get my mits on! I'll let you know how that goes.

I usually let them sit in the humidor for a couple week.

I go through the same process ALWAYS. Whether I get them from a brother, through my B & M or mail order, I always freeze for three days, refrigerate for three days, counter for three days, then put in the humidor for at least a couple of weeks. I have had a nettle hatch. Never again!

It seems like everyone has good methods on how long to let them soak in the box. When I get them in the mail, I let them sit for a few weeks or months in the frigador. If it is a brand that I have not tried before, I might light it up sooner, it all depends on how intrigued I am by the stick. I have fired one up in less than two days, but on average I smoke one to taste and let they the rest lay.

At least 2 weeks in the box just to hit the level of stability that I like. It is mainly for peace of mind so that I don't light up a stick and run into burn issues. Although I will break this rule from time to time on cheaper sticks where a burn issue won't make me mad.

Just started the freezing tactic after reading issues with Greycliffs and also getting a few 5'ers from CBid. I do 1 day in the fridge, 3 days in the freezer, 1 day in the fridge, then I will put them in a tupperdor with a 72% Humidipak for 3-5 days before putting them in in gen pop for the 2 week rest at 65%.

Hopefully the freezing doesn't ruin the cigars by drying out the oils too much, if it does I won't freeze them anymore. I currently have the cigars triple or quadruple bagged.

From what I understand the freezing does not have any effect on the tobacco. I have also learned that there are beetles.eggs in almost every cigar. Soon avoid the potential of an outbreak, you are doing the right thing.

As long as possible :sign: I do my best to buy more than I smoke, so I should always have a good selection of aged boxes to pick from.