• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How long does it take for you to smoke a cigar?

hangten

So, how long does it take for you to smoke a cigar? I ask this because it takes me a lot longer to finish a cigar than what I have read in other posts. Sure, it depends on the size but let's take a petite corona that measures 4 inches long. I've read people finishing these in half an hour but it took me an hour and fifteen minutes to finish smoking one! I wonder how long it will take me to finish a double corona? Maybe 4 hours? I like to take my time so that the cigar does not get bitter. I find that if I rush the cigar definitely gets bitter quickly. I tend to give about a minute or more between puffs.

I can really see how smoking a cigar is a luxury and I just wanted to see what everyone thought about this.

I've never timed a smoke. You know why? Because if I did, I wouldn't be relaxin' and enjoying the cigar. That's the point isn't it?

Doc.

It depends on the length of the cigar...but all in all...everyone is different and the time it takes depends on your smoking habits and time allowed to smoke. For me...I smoke as slowly as I know I have the time! Everyone is different!

-Fetter

I've never timed a smoke. You know why? Because if I did, I wouldn't be relaxin' and enjoying the cigar. That's the point isn't it?

Doc.
That's very true. I guess I time myself as my wife gives me about an hour to smoke before she usually comes looking for me.

I am a slow smoker too (and still on the noob side myself). I puff about once a minute...maybe twice. I had to put down a Brazilia Gol! after the 2 hour mark because everyone else was waiting on me to go inside. But yeah, I take my time, enjoy and don't watch the clock.

I was at the local B&M for three and a half to four hours yesterday and smoked my way through a Padron 1964 Corona (42 x 6) and a Tatuaje Tainos (7.6 x 49).

This question is sort of like how to light or cut a cigar. Everyone is different. If I am in the yard or working I can suck down a DC or a Torp in 30 minutes. If I am enjoying a high end it would take me over an hour. It is all what you like but whatever you do enjoy it. :cool:

Doc.
That's very true. I guess I time myself as my wife gives me about an hour to smoke before she usually comes looking for me.
well, I have an agreement with my wife. I don't bother her when she's drinking her hot chocolate; she doesn't f@#k with me when I'm smoking a cigar. :cool:

Doc.

About an hour for a robusto size...
Yep, same here. I don't intentionally time my cigars, but I typically watch an old movie out in the man cave while I smoke. Kind of makes me aware based on how much movie is left with no cigar!

As long as it takes from the moment I lite it to the moment I finish it.

well, I have an agreement with my wife. I don't bother her when she's drinking her hot chocolate; she doesn't f@#k with me when I'm smoking a cigar. :cool:

Doc.
QFT, my friend....it takes what it takes. Some weeknights I'm in "a hurry", but sometimes.....not at all.

Cheers - B.B.S.

It all depends on how much I have had to drink.

Agreed with some of the above...It takes as long as it takes...and if my wife comes looking for me, its to smoke as well. :thumbs:

On average about 1hr 15mins.

Obviously all that varies based on vitola and things going on around me.

As long as I want unless the wife comes looking for me :p

About an hour for a robusto size...
Yep, same here. I don't intentionally time my cigars, but I typically watch an old movie out in the man cave while I smoke. Kind of makes me aware based on how much movie is left with no cigar!

That's great! Man cave. Yeah, I've got a man room, man closet, man patio, and man shop. Any of which can be generally called "manland." As long as the wife gets the whole master closet, she let's me be the king of this castle. :thumbs:

20 to 30 minutes.....it would be alot longer if it wasn't outside on my porch. I can only sit out there so long staring into space contemplating deeper questions. :whistling: