• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How many beers are in your cellar?

I've never thought of people having a consumable beer collection. How long will the average beer last if you really do plan on drinking it and not just have sitting on a shelf?

Everything in my cellar is there for the purpose of eventually being drank. Many styles of beer benefit from aging, some as long as 10+ years.

I agree with that, all beers eventually have a shelf life and you risk ruining a perfectly good beer if you age it too long. That being said, many of them can age well for over 10 years even 20 in some cases although I think that would be rare.

I have a bottle of Westy 8 from 1998 that I plan to drink NYE 2008. It is only 8% ABV (as opposed to some 13% and up) so we will see what 10 years has done to it.

I've never thought of people having a consumable beer collection. How long will the average beer last if you really do plan on drinking it and not just have sitting on a shelf?

Everything in my cellar is there for the purpose of eventually being drank. Many styles of beer benefit from aging, some as long as 10+ years.

I agree with that, all beers eventually have a shelf life and you risk ruining a perfectly good beer if you age it too long. That being said, many of them can age well for over 10 years even 20 in some cases although I think that would be rare.

I have a bottle of Westy 8 from 1998 that I plan to drink NYE 2008. It is only 8% ABV (as opposed to some 13% and up) so we will see what 10 years has done to it.

I wonder how long the beer in my fridge that you've never picked up will last? :whistling:

Do you know of anybody who has reviewed a 20 year old beer? I'd like to read that. I'd even settle for 15.

....That being said, many of them can age well for over 10 years even 20 in some cases although I think that would be rare.