• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How many sticks do you give away a year?

broblues

planning and plotting
I'm just wondering if I'm the only guy that gets hit up semi-regularly by my buddies, or if you guys/gals get it too.

Well since I've been a member here I'd say I gave a good amount to members (maybe 30+ in 6-7 months) here and there and people I've met at work that smoked cigars. I dont count how much sticks I've sent because:
1) I know I would not be on the winning end and I dont care so I just give aways and it please me that way (when the package dont get lost ...)
2) I probably gave more than I smoked !

Since I live on the north side of the border hitting me is probably harder because of customs (well for some ;-), and that is why I love those home made candles. That being said all of the package I received were all orders I made (aside the gift CJ added to an package he helped me ship).

ONe thing is for sure there are more to be given in the future!

I probably give away 50 a year if you factor everything in.

probably about 30. I guess I never thought about it, usually who ever asks for one.

I don't think I really want to keep track of that number, I might not like what I find,:huh:

I normally give more as unsolicited gifts, than to those who ask. Really the only person who ever asks is my dad, when he doesn't feel like driving to a B&M.

Send me some cigars.
Perfect!

I keep BIL cigars (cheap ones) in my humi for the occasion when someone thinks they want to smoke a cigar. For the BOTL, I don't keep track nor do I care.

I don't usually smoke alone and not many of my friends are botl so I often find myself giving away cigars. Not that I mind, they usually get me back with a drink or two.

I don't want to know what I give away. The only thing I care about is that the person enjoys the gift.

If I had to count how many I gave away to moochers and in gift packs to friends it would make me stop doing it given how much it costs to smoke here in OZ, so like Jeff and Kendall I give it no mind as long as the sticks are enjoyed

To friends in town probably 50-100 a year. Well worth the good times that we share while smoking them.

most of my friends dont have humidors so alot. But I enjoy smoking with a buddy more then haveing those smokes.

When I can get my hands on harder to find stuff, I always try to pick a handful to share with my buddies. They usually do the same. I figure it all balances out in the end.

I have the same philosophy with beer, scotch, etc. as well.

my fair share...

Thats one of the 'benefits' of being a cigar smoker - the joy you get when being able to share some of your sticks with some friends every now and again. Maybe you just handed them something they always wanted to try, but couldn't get their hands on? I believe that within the 'brotherhood', sharing of cigars is pretty common. Cigar smokers seem to be a generous bunch in general. At least, THIS group is !

I have also been known to hit up my B&M with some HTFs for the boys. It's not everyday a customer comes in and hands the owner and manager a stick. I remember the first time I did it, and I could see the sincerity in their faces & how it meant so much to them. I have even shipped HTF sticks to a shop in NJ to share with their crew - never met them in person, but have had many convos. via phone, TXTs, FB and they are always a pleasure to deal with so I figured 'what the hell'.

I have to agree with you guys though - if I kept track - I'd probably sh*t.

I don't keep track of it. I think of things that friends haven't tried and give em one. Sometimes I screw up like giving someone who doesn't smoke cigars a Cain for a first stick after many beers, he was puking within 10 minutes. For the most part though, I hope I have made someone's day.