• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to class up a $20 Coleman cooler

Ooooooo, me likey! I am a fan of the Coleman Cooler myself but the custom made trays are SEXY!

Oh, Dave............. :whistling:

Nice work on those for sure.

I am working up some ideas similar for my vinotemp. I need to give Dave a ringy.

Indeed. That's why I love these Colemans. Well made. Made in America. :)
Wilkey

Funny, I did not know what brand I had. When I looked today, all three are Colemans. :0
I think we are on to something here. When I went looking, I searched each and every cooler
on the shelf at Wal-Mart and these were the only
ones with a seal worthy enough to be used as a coolidor.

(Side note: some Colemans did not pass my test. Let me re-phrase that.
It was apparent the Coolmans had the best seal but within each make/model, some were better than others.
Some I would consider not worthy enough to purchase.)

I did own the Coleman's at the bottom of your stack, years ago. From what I remember, that had a very
tight seal. It seems they are making the lids a little different than they did last year.
Now there is this lip about 1/2" long on the lid and and another lip inside. So when the lid closes, it snaps.
With this addition, they now can make the lids even more loose. Bad for us.
I guess they did this so the lids will not blow off your truck bed traveling 75mph on the highway.

Wilkey,

So when I read the title of your post...."How to class up a $20 Coleman cooler?"...

My first thought was....'did he paint flames on them?' :whistling:

I must admit, your solution of using Dave's trays is way better :cool:

Man, do I feel better after seeing those pics :laugh: :laugh:

Wow! Very nice.

I like this idea of using coolers as humidors. Do you have any problems with ammonia gas or humidity build-up?

Great Googley Moogley!!!!

So many coolers.... so many cigars.... such beautiful trays!!!!

I feel unworthy to even look at the pics. :0

Wow! Very nice.

I like this idea of using coolers as humidors. Do you have any problems with ammonia gas or humidity build-up?
No problems with ammonia that I can tell. I do tend to buy young cigars but I've found that I am not very sensitive to ammonia. Humidity stays what is set by the stuff I put in...supported by the occasional spritz of the silica. No runaway conditions and the RH and temp are very stable here in my basement.

Wilkey

That is quite the nice setup with the Cooladors, and those trays look top notch. Dave, those trays are insanely nice!

I'm convinced. This is good. I'll start checking Safeway for a Coleman end of season sale. I don't quite have a basement, but I think my old wine cellar under the house has fairly stable temperatures.

Does anyone remember those old Coleman coolers with the metal latch from the days of yore?

Does anyone remember those old Coleman coolers with the metal latch from the days of yore?
Yes indeed. My parents still use one that has to be at least 25 years old. Coleman still make a stainless steel and enameled version with that latch but it's pricey. clinkie

Wilkey

Yes indeed. My parents still use one that has to be at least 25 years old. Coleman still make a stainless steel and enameled version with that latch but it's pricey. clinkie

Wilkey
I still use the one my parents had when I was a kid. It's at least 30 years old, probably a good bit older. It still seals like a champ and keeps stuff as cold as it ever did. We use it when camping but it's pretty damn heavy, especially when it's loaded up for the week.

I can't believe how much they cost now. I know my parents NEVER would have bought a cooler that cost anywhere near that much.

I like the Coleman Marine coolers for cigar storage.