• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to join a pass

Good Morning, I am a recent NEWBIE trying to learn about this wonderful site. I don't quite understand it all yet but I will get there. Just wanted to say HI ! Just to intrduce myself. Thanks !!

Read on my good man.......read on.
You will learn everything you need to know about passes and trading if you do a search on the top of the screen.

This is good information. I'm still a newbie and not sure I would be comfortable in a pass yet. Even if I could be in one yet :D (I'm such a newbie :p :p )
I appreciate keeping this info available for guys like myself

Bill

:D You guys are great, thanks for all the info, No way ready yet by a longshot, I'll keep reading and watching & learning !!

Thanks for the info
Russ :thumbs:

Very informative.
I have been reading the threads for awhile, but a little shy to post. I will initiate a trade in the near future

Thanks,
Joe

Hiya,

Great post. Although I have been a part of other forums I am brand new to this one. Unfortunately, my first post was me asking to join a pass haha. Sorry, hope nobody looks at me too sideways since I am a newb.
Cheers!
Robert :)

Interesting group and concept. I was told about you guys from someone from my cigar pool and he suggested I check you out. At some point I would like to get involved in a pass but I will hang back and watcha and learn. Long ashes,

The Tattooed Freak :p

Question...

When attempting to join into a cigar pass. Do you list the cigars you have? Do you list the cigars that you are looking to "PUT".

Thanks
- Nick David

NickDavid said:
Question...

When attempting to join into a cigar pass. Do you list the cigars you have? Do you list the cigars that you are looking to "PUT".

Thanks
- Nick David
[snapback]149627[/snapback]​
Take a look at the cigars being passed. If you can put back equal or greater value sticks, ask to join. Don't jump into a pass that is outta your league. :)

well, what is good to you, may be ****ty to someone else... thats why i asked if you should list the ones you plan to trade when asking to enter a pass...

The standard benchmarks are cost for non rare cigars and level of rarity for rare ones. Personal taste doesn't matter, if someone just doesn't like your put they won't take it, that doesn't affect whether it was fair.

When in doubt ask the pass organizer or post. I'm sure someone will respond.

Believe me, I'm SURE. :whistling:

I was thinking about this the other day, and a thought occured to me regarding joining a pass.

I think you need to ask yourself if you actually have enough quality sticks, and I mean REAL quality sticks, to actually be an effective member of a pass. What good is joining a pass if you don't have any really good sticks that you're willing to trade for something else in the pass?

Watching some of these current passes in progress, one recurring theme in my head has been, "Wow, look at all those great cigars I'd like to trade for, but what the **** do I own that could be put in place of any those?"

So the bottom line is, besides not being trusted yet, there's other reasons for newbies to chill and wait to join or be invited into a pass.

NickDavid said:
well, what is good to you, may be ****ty to someone else... thats why i asked if you should list the ones you plan to trade when asking to enter a pass...
[snapback]149841[/snapback]​

LOL, If whats good to emo is ****ty to you then your palate might need a little adjustment ;)

Great post, looking forward to studying, learning, and joining a pass in the future. :whistling:

This was recently posted in "My Anniversary Pass" and since I did not see it mentioned before, I thought I'd add it here!

The lesson that should be learned from this is that you should KNOW THE ORIGIN of cigars you put in passes or trade or sell to people because if it's determined that they're fakes then we damn better know where they came from.

This is something that everyone participatinig in "any" pass should read.

:cool:

new to this site, thanks for the info, and looking forward to the time i'll be able to join a box pass.
:)